Old Photo - Brass Era - ReadyTo Roll

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Brass Era - ReadyTo Roll
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:31 am:

Looks like a '13 with the bead on the turtle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:47 am:

Another High-Low mounted set of head lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:49 am:

That brings up a newbie question, what keeps the gas headlights aimed? Just friction on the mounting pivots?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:50 am:

no the bead is on the body!!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Skingley ......Westland, Michigan on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:30 am:

Bead.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

OK. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

Now what we have here is an example of a early 1913 "short bill" front fender. This is one of the best pictures I have seen of the early billed fenders for 1913.

Jeweled side lights and he has the headlight door hinges on the fender side rather than the radiator side.

Gary,
that is an interesting observation. Undoubtedly intentional bending of the headlight forks. It is probably a quicker method of adjusting the beam on the gas light and only requires an "adjustment" with the adjustable wrench in the tool kit.

I have been adjusting the beam by raising or lowering the burner stand in the headlight. Learn something new every day.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 06:02 pm:

I plead ignorance in advance so someone help me. I thought the turtle was the removable body section behind the passenger compartment; if not, what is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

Mark...the headlights have a bolt that tightens against the headlamp bucket as it sits on the forks. Basically a clamp setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

John M. -- What you thought was the turtle IS the turtle. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Griffin - Huntington Beach, Calif. on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

The headlight focus also depends on the position of the reflectors. Mine are focused but the lamps look slightly high/low like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:39 am:

Great photo Jay. Keep 'em coming. I wonder if that may be my car?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration