144XXX Rides Again

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 144XXX Rides Again
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Hello Gents:
Attached is 144XXX which will debut at its first show in Ohio this weekend. Not a fully finished project yet, but would like to thank the many good folks who lent craft, technical and historic support. I especially want to thank Snyders and Chaffins for the commercial components, as well as Elizabeth Estep, who fabricated this top to my specs.
Ross Lilliker did the motor/trans, with custom fabbed Clamshell rearend by owner. Rewooded body is by Fisher, with top install and full leather upholstery by owner. Extra slippery urethane paint and pinstripes are by Boitnott's Customs.
Regards,
Scott

144XXX

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Wow Scott, looks great! Congratulations on the completion of a great project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:13 am:

Scott -- Beautiful car!! Good luck at the car show.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:40 am:

They sure don't come any sharper looking than that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:47 am:

Nice picture of a really nice car!

This would make a very nice profile picture....just a suggestion, FWIW.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

Scott - Where's the show? Might come and see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

What a magnificent car. Now is the time to enjoy your achievement.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 02:57 pm:

Spectacular! Get your trophies while it's still perfect, and then start touring with it. That car will enhance any tour you take it on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Whaley, Georgetown Ontario Canada on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 03:49 pm:

That is one pretty car. Looks fantastic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 04:06 pm:

Very nice, Wow!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

Thank you Gentlemen:
Very happy to get this one back on the road. Car show is in Sbaronville Dave...about 20 minutes out of downtown Cincy...stop by a say a Howdy if you can make it.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Very nice work Very good looking car. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Nice Work Scott! Glad to hear Sheila is able to drive one of the T's to the show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:52 pm:

Scott-
It brings a tear to my eye. I feel like our Senior is finally going to the prom. I'm so excited...

In all seriousness, you have done magnificent work.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:59 pm:

Its nice to have a car that others can measure against.
If you know Scott,and I do,you would know what a perfectionist he is NO Shortcuts Here!
Congratulations Scott!

Don & Suzanne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 01:02 am:

It's a splendid car, Scott. Congratulations.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 09:24 am:

Many thanks again for these kind words guys. Keith and Royce spent a good bit of their valuable time, working out the dimensional details for this top, and that effort paid out large. Classtique did not have a standard 12 Touring top format previous to this project and it was this research that made this very credible facsimile happen. As anyone here who has put up a building will agree, you can make a dimensional error on your foundation, and you may find yourself fighting that mistake all the way up to the roof. I have had that experience so am sincerely grateful to have avoided the same here. Thanks to Kim Dobbins, whose time capsual 12 serves as the irrefutable model. How fortunate for all that this relic remains preserved as it rolled out of Dearborn 103 years ago.
Regards,
Scott

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration