Received a Very Disturbing Phone Call Today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Received a Very Disturbing Phone Call Today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:28 pm:

I received a surprising telephone call today regarding the recent tire article I wrote for Vintage Ford Magazine. _The caller informed me that he and the other antique car owners he represents were not satisfied with the quality of the white tires available today; that after a short time, they turn brown. _The caller insisted that it was my responsibility to ask the publisher of Vintage Ford for additional space to report this discrepancy because he felt my article was misleading; that it was a sham and it would cost a lot of people good money for bad tires that they really shouldn't buy and if that happened, it would be my fault. _I was told in no uncertain terms that he felt very strongly about this—strongly enough to make me a feel more than a little uneasy.

So two things:

1.) Just to be clear, my personal experience is with black clincher tires only. _The information I put forth about the white tires came directly from the manufacturer and I said so. _And I certainly didn't claim they wouldn't turn brown after a short time.

2.) It'll be a cold day in a hot place when I write another article.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

I suspect the "other" people he represents are he, him and himself.
If he has a problem it's not yours!
If he has a gripe he needs to take it up with the magazine.......not you.
Idiots abound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:40 pm:

Bob, no good deed goes unpunished as we all know. Unfortunately, the world is full of jerks. I have a quick response for people like that but unfortunately it cannot be repeated on this Forum. However, if you want to refer him to me I will be glad to share it with him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Bob, he probably called because he was unable to write. They don't allow sharp instruments where he is... :-)

You wrote an article. He is free to agree or disagree. Don't worry about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

Bob,

I feel that my business is not keeping pace with my desire to spend, and I
am holding you personally responsible to make up for any shortcomings.

Please forward your contact and banking information so we can get this
taken care of.

Thanks.

Yeah .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 06:50 pm:

Bob you should of quoted Tommy Smothers when he told Dicky "I am a American I don't have to know what I am talking about " . I relay hope you reconsider and wright more articles and enjoy it , because we do. Thanks and try and let it go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:02 pm:

Bob,

I've had similar experiences. When a person behaves in that manner it's nothing more than the combined effects of ignorance, stupidity, insecurity and a few other negative traits. I'd get pretty mad, but after a while I realized that I was the loser when I put that much energy into it.

If you enjoy writing half as much as some of us here enjoy reading what you've written, don't allow one dummy the power to spoil it for you. Take a deep breath and blow it off. Then get back to doing what you enjoy!

P.S. Sounds like he threatened you, probably with litigation. Unless you deliberately lied for profit, which you didn't do, forget about it. He has nothing to litigate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:06 pm:

Bob,

Please don't let one jerk influence your future articles in the Vintage Ford Magazine. I very much enjoyed the article and found it to be informative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Tell him to write his own article for submission as a rebuttal. I would also have told him to go do something else to himself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

Maybe he bought a set and is looking for an "out". I had a similar experience. Used to write articles for out development newspaper. Distribution is about 1000 homes. Did a story about smoke detectors. I'd replaced mine when I found out their life expectancy is 5 to 7 years. They are hard wired to the house. Wrote about how they loose efficiency so I replaced mine and the new ones are improved yadda yadda. Got a call from a complainer who I eventually found out just didn't want to spend the $ for new ones and he was going to defend his opinion to the death. Nothing better to do I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By P. Jamison- PA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

I enjoyed your informative article, Bob, and am grateful you wrote it. Believe me, if there were something improper in it, you'd hear it on this forum! I hope you will keep writing and ignore this numskull.

Phil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Bob-
Keep writing.

The complainer can write (well maybe, or maybe not...) a letter to the editor to report his tire discrepancy.

It sounds more like he has a vendor or manufacturer issue to me.

He was way out of line to take his frustrations out on you. You were simply giving your personal opinion of the tires you were familiar with.

I am flabbergasted to know that there is someone out there who does not know that white tires will not stay white.

I, too, have received calls and letters from concerned members who thought that something I wrote in a car club magazine was wrong, inaccurate, or worse. Generally, they can be reasoned with a conversation. If not, consider the source, and let it go...

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

I can only give you the advice our priest once gave me in a similar situation... "Ne illegitimi carborundum".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

Bob, did he give you his name? Sounds like a crackpot to me. I thought your article was great and I don't think there is any reason to worry about a crackpot.

Burger, are you being serious? !I have a hard time telling when you are joking. That is what emoticons are for!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:22 pm:

Tom,

The absurdity of my sarcasm required no emoticon/s. :-)

Of course, the absurdity of Bob's harassment officer was
way out there too !

However, if anyone feels the need to send me suitcases
full of cash, I will reluctantly work said cash into my budget ....
likely spending a fair chunk at the Antique Auto Ranch. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Sorry Bob. As everyone above has suggested, keep writing, jerks be damned.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Tom.

Your keyboard is stuck :-) Great article by Bob and I agree with your opinion of the "complainer". People can disagree when done in a civil manner. That's known as a productive discussion. Wonder if he wears his had backwards? Maybe the hatband is too tight? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Bob, I thought your article was well written and informative. You also went to the sources for information instead of spouting hot air, as some folks are won't to do. You obviously enjoy writing, and I, for one , enjoy reading what you write. If someone has a contrary opinion or set of experiences, he's free to write to the editor for publication, or just to post his opinions here. It certainly won't be the first time there's ever been a disagreement on this forum!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:41 pm:

Epluribus illigitamus noncarbarundum. (phonetic spelling)
"Don't let the bastards wear you down."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Bob,

I too really enjoyed your article and I want to say thank you for taking the time to write it and share it with the old car community. I agree with what others have said above..

Please keep writing and don’t let one negative person stop you from making such a positive contribution to our hobby.

Respectively submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Post his name on here. Maybe he explain his butt-hurt to all of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:34 pm:

Bob: Your VF article was relevant, researched and well written. If these folks have something contrary to say that is backed by facts, I would be pleased to read it in a future edition of VF.

respectfully, jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Bob : Thank you for writing the article. It was excellent!

t

We purchased a set of Wards Riversides from Lucas Tire about two years ago & they still look great! In fact, we just finished shooting a second television project (which I can't elaborate on yet) because the car has white tires & looks great on camera. Too bad some folks don't appreciate the efforts of the vendors and have some fun with this great hobby :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Bob please don't let one JERK deprive the rest of us the knowledge to ask the questions we didn't know we needed to ask. To quote Admiral Faragut at the battle of Mobile Bay "Damn the torpedoes, Full speed ahead!".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 01:48 am:

Bob - Have to toss in a Stan Howe quote on this one Bob, because it pretty much fits:

"The loudest boos come from the cheapest seats!"

I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the article you wrote Bob,.....a really nice piece of work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable - Kiama NSW OZ on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 02:45 am:

Next you are may get a phone call from someone who will complain his black tires won't stay black and he has to use tire black paint to keep them as such. One goes and buys a nice black tire and sooner or later its lost its original look as it gets stained and dirty. The maker has a lot to answer for.

Gee! I would just like the tires to be more like the old ones so you got better mileage.

Obviously he doesn't know the so called white tires have always turned brown which is exactly how they were originally. Its a natural result from using rubber. White pigment is real hard to get that does not loose its "whiteness". You rarely saw a white car in the early 1900's the paint broke down so quickly. In Australia you could choose your T's color but white was always advertised as "not available"

I was privy to a conversation in which some Old car owners were thinking of actually lobbying the tire makers to produce them the original light brown so they would be more correct on a car being judged.

Want them snow white then use some "white tire paint.

While on the subject there has to be a market for the tires to be retreaded with a better compound.
Something like the glued on truck retreads. I have a pile of tires which have good casings but are bald. Then we could get a few more miles out of them.

Bob, you should see what happens when one writes an article on different makes of Ford bodies and you point out that they didn't exist before a certain date, just imagine the flack from someone who has nailed a body plate on one 12 years before the company existed.!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 05:04 am:

Did you get Bissell's number?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 06:10 am:

Bob,

Folks like this - they always allude to " others " that " share their point of view " ...

Anyone who has to enlist the aid of someone else has no real point to make.

Keep writing ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 07:51 am:

Bob, Please continue to write articles. You can not please everyone, that is just the way it is. Don't let one MORON get you that uptight not to write anymore.

And next time some one wants to rant at you on the phone, you too have a choice of hanging up on them--it just fuels them up more, LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 08:44 am:

Peter,

Dad has re-treaded 30 x 3.5 Universal T Drivers on his Crossley, they are done in Queensland I think. They went on the Blue Mountains Rally this morning in it, I aired it up 80 psi in the Front and 100 psi in the rear, been running them this way for a couple of years, no trouble.

Peter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 08:49 am:

I hope the guilty party is reading this thread and getting an eyeful. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 11:24 am:

I can understand Bob's reluctance to do any more writing. To receive a threatening type phone call would be a bit rattling for any sane man. I can't understand the mentality of some people. Who does that sort of thing? To intrude in another persons life like that over a magazine article is utterly pathetic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 11:54 am:

Some people get up in the morning with only one goal for the day, to find as much as possible to complain about. You just happened to be in the path of one of them. This guy is no more relevant than a fly buzzing around your head. Swat him and be done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Bob, Your article was very complete and well written. I look forward to every issue arriving just to enjoy articles like yours. Please don't let one ( HORSES ASS) deprive the rest of us from gaining from and enjoying your knowledge. Please keep writing.Harv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

WOW! this is a Model T Forum First!

Everyone is in complete agreement!

See Bob not only did you write a great article you brought the entire forum together!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Very good article Bob, keep up the good work. Plenty of us here that support you, the heck with what some jerk says. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Can someone please tell which issue and a page number so we who have not read it could do so?? Thank's in advance-Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

Bob

I think you should write articles (Short ) for here. We might all have different opinions but we will not want to ride you out of town on a rail
and you have to remember there is always a loose nut who think they know more than the individual
who wrote the article. 15 years ago I wrote an article on my hobby and stated a few facts. In one fact only, I was off my date of the event by a two full years. I found the error my self last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 11:15 pm:

Bob,

I'm looking forward to the day that it gets cold in that hot place so you will agree to start writing again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 12:52 am:

Bob C,
You write as well as anybody I know. It seems a lot of people enjoy reading your wit, wisdom, and insights. I haven't seen the VF piece yet. I would imagine it is great! I look forward to seeing it.
Like everyone else has said, don't let one lousy j spoil it for you.
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:17 am:

Bob, I loved the article. I found it well written and very interesting. I found myself thinking that it was to bad there are not more articles like this in our magazines. I look forward to another.

Thanks again

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:22 pm:

Bob, don't let somebody like that bother you and dissuade you from writing articles that benefit the rest of us. Next time he calls to complain about this, you can tell him that, perhaps if he washed the BS off his tires from the pasture he just drove through they would turn white again. Sounds like BS abounds aplenty in his life and he should try getting one instead of harassing and worrying good people by stirring up snakes just to kill them. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By n maver on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 03:34 pm:

Bob please write some more articles,and keep flourishing and prospering.

The real handling of such a situation and such people, the real way to handle them is to flourish and prosper.

N

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

I enjoyed it and i was quite supprised to read the non skid could be had when smoothies were installed on new cars!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi. Sure i voted today!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Bob,

Why give one jerk the power to control what you write and how you participate? Listen instead to those who appreciate what you do and who thank you for it.

Why is it so often in life, that we freely hand over such power, the power to control our mood and our very happiness, to those who least deserve it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Bob, best tire story I've ever read. You did your homework!

Ed #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 05:47 pm:

This forum is a place for us to share our experience and hopefully help others. We have to many on here that only get on to criticize others and give nothing constructive, Yes, they are jerks. An article has nothing to do with defective or poor merchandise. I see complaints here all the time. None of them bother to contact the manufacturer. Complaining to the choir serves no purpose or fixes anything. The manufacturer should be the first to hear of a problem. If they do not fix the problem then you have a legitimate reason to let others know of the problem and the manufacturers reluctance to do anything about it. Until then it is only fair to let them try to fix the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Just a thought ....

A big part of my job with the USMC involved dealing with dozens of supply sources,
USMIL auditors, logistics, billeting, camp command, combat command, and various
contracting agencies to get missions coordinated and accomplished.

The great side of dealing with the military is the ability to put a boot up someone's
ass if they get stupid. Such a shame we are not permitted to do that back here at home.

But in the process of juggling all these difficult needs, personalities, timelines, etc.
came a set of skills in team building AND knowing a turd when you see one.

Were I to get such a call, I'd verbally acknowledge the caller's name and number and
request their permission to record the conversation - straight up. That would likely
piss in the SOB's punchbowl right there .... but if they decided to continue, that would
be just fine too.

Next, ... when it comes to reporting such an incident, as was done here, I would
state ALL the facts, and this would include the date and time of call, the callers full
name, AND his contact information. (along with an accurate synopsis of the dialogue
of both myself and the caller).

This allows not only for the audience to fully partake of the event as it occurred, but
it also offers an interactive opportunity for fecal matter to "roll down hill", ... the reader
being able to have an accurate account of the event AND the ability for said reader to
respond directly.

The is what The Gunny called getting things "squared away". You allow the atmospheric
pressures of the situation to interact and equalize themselves in a natural and organic
kind of way. This tends to lead to another USMC principle/objective ... problem solved,
problem STAYS solved.

It's a beautiful thing. Give the boob all the rope they need to hang themself ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

To sum it all up, in life, you have to take sh-t from an asshole but, you have every right to call it what it is and give it right back! The worst thing anyone can do is allow people like this to succeed in their perverted endeavor to bully and intimidate!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration