12 Volt Alternator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 12 Volt Alternator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 03:39 pm:

I asked this some time back, but never got any response. I bought one of the original alternators a few hears back (6 volt) and it has performed flawlessly, but, times change. At the time, the vendor said it was no problem to change to 12 volt, but, if you had a gun to my head, I couldn't tell you who it was. Anyone out there, vendor or user, that knows how to do this? I hate to junk out a perfectly good one and/or spend the money for one I don't really need. I know all the arguments pro and con about 12 volts on a Model T, been there and done that. Your help always appreciated.

My Car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

If you have the Mitsubishi sold by Snyders just change the plug in regulator on the back.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlesHebert on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

Buckeye Electric in Ohio used make these.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration