First tour of the season

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: First tour of the season
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

We went on our first tour of the season. I had a passenger, Clayton Paddison;
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/277981.html?1333745899
It was fun having someone else to ride along for a change.
Some good long up and down hill grades. From home the tour was approx 80+ miles round trip. This was our shake down tour.
What I found out;
Check the oil more often, used/leaked about a quart of oil in the first 60+ miles. More leak then used the valve cover gaskets need to be sealed.
Replace the drivers side Hassler spring, it's going flat.
Replace the upper bolt in the steering bracket with correct bolt/nut or at least a nilock.
Fix the very annoying buzz in the spark lever that starts about 30 MPH. I think I got that fixed after I got home.
Save my change for a Ruckstell or Worford them hills are killer on the low band and foot :-)
Time for a reline on the AC's.
Get new seals for rear axle.

All in all the car ran good except it complained a little when the oil got low and when I adjusted the AC's, got one side too tight, man what a smoker! The Stromberg OE-1 worked good. I have to check and figure the fuel usage. I don't expect real high as if I was driving on the flat.
There may be some photos later on our club Facbook page;
https://www.facebook.com/rosecitymodeltclub?fref=nf
We did get lucky weather wise as it held off raining for the tour but there were some very black clouds just hanging around. We finished the tour in Estacada Oregon and had a good pizza feed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:24 am:

Today we had a joint tour between the San Diego and Escondido Model T clubs up to the quaint mountain town of Julian. The company as usual was great but unusual for San Diego, the weather was awful, as bad a Manchester (England) in November......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 06:13 am:

Good morning Mark and Tony, great to hear about your tours, can you post more photos. Today Ken, Paul, Steve LeBlanc and I are going for a drive. The '26 really runs great after spending the winter doing a complete rebuild of the drive train. I have had it out many time this past month (actually the first test drive was March 28th) here in Dunbarton already, but this will be a big test. I am driving to Brentwood to meet them and from there we are off to Barrington for lunch and later an ice cream stop. I'll post some photos later and maybe even a short video.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8YcfkTQAw

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 12:52 pm:

The photos are in the wrong format, need to be jpg and they are in htm. So I put them on Photobucket;

http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/redmodelt/library/Shake%20down%20tour?sort=3&page=1

(Message edited by redmodelt on April 26, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:11 pm:

http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/redmodelt/library/Shake%20down%20tour?sort=3&p age=1

For some reason it will not post the link as a click on link in the edit window but the same link works in a fresh one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

I can convert other formats to JPEG. Maybe windows has the same feature. The trick would be finding it if it's there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Mark I found out my speedster doesn't like to more than 30 miles from home.i guess the City Portland intimidate the old girl! I broke the rear axle before the tour. Time to put the new rucks tell in. Good tour though, Carston and I rode with Kirk Mattier in their 1926 touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Buggers! Broken axle is no fun. Guess Bob and Donna had a little smoke escape from one of their rear brakes on the way home also.
I think my mileage was around 16 and it was less then a qt of oil. Guess the old girl don't like them high hills! Kirk and Clay drive about the same, just putts right along. I had to get around Clay when we got to 82 Ave, too much traffic in the right lane. Once I got going and could let her run, she must have blown what ever cob web out and ran ok coming the rest of the way home. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris becker on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Yep no fun! Went to the shop after seeing you and Bill this afternoon, positioned the special so I can pull the rear axle and install my Ruckstell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:45 am:

Chris sounds like it will be a quick job having the Ruckstell ready to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:00 am:

April 26, 2015 with friends Ken, Paul, Steve Leblanc and their wives we set out from Brentwood to the Calef Country Store in Barrington, New Hampshire for lunch. It's an old fashion country store, that makes great sandwiches and soups for a quick lunch on the go. The tour took us through the historic towns of, Exeter, Newfields, Durham, Dover and Barrington in New Hampshire on routes 85, 108, 9, all toll this was a 108 mile ride.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FerD8Xb-ElY

April 26, 2015 Seabiscuit at Calef Country Store

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration