OT-Cyclone Separator lids for blast cabinet?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT-Cyclone Separator lids for blast cabinet?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:27 am:

Guys: I was looking a cyclone separator lids that fit a 5 gal bucket for dust collector systems. I know how cyclone separators work. I also know that these are made for woodworkers. I was wondering if they would work on my blast cabinet to save any usable grit from getting into the dust collector? Anybody here have any dealings with one? thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

We have/had a cyclone separator for our blast cabinet, well we did till the motor fried. All it does is filter out the dirt and ground up medium for clean air exhaust to room. What drops to the bottom of the tank is fine dust and such not much usable medium left in it. Any medium that is still big enough to blast with stays in the cabinet. A sacrificial shop vacuum will do the same job as long as the filter is kept clean. Let me tell you it is a dirty dusty job to clean them, that powdered c34p gets every where. I think all the cyclone action does it allow the dust/sawdust to settle out of the air stream before passing through the filter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

I use an old dryer blower and send all that dust outside. I have had to replace one motor in about 25 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

I just use my shop vac. As Mark Gregush says, the usable medium tends to stay in the cabinet and the shop vac just captures the fine powder.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration