Rest in Peace Ann and Royce Peterson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rest in Peace Ann and Royce Peterson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:02 pm:

Both of my loving parents passed away in the last few days. We had Mom's funeral yesterday. Dad passed this morning so that they can be together again. I will miss them greatly. I hope that all of you can appreciate just how much they meant to each other. It is somewhat poetic that they chose to leave this earth and travel to the next together.

Mom's obituary is here:
http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/76088/?fullname=ann-e-(hinrichs)-peterson

We are planning a joint memorial service to be in Dallas next Saturday, May 2, 2015. He will be laid to rest at the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Arlington, TX with mom. Details will be forthcoming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

Royce - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now. Your Dad was a legend in the T community and it was fortunate for all that he and your Mom were so long on this Earth. At least they are in a better place together.

Respectfully,

-Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

Royce - You have our sympathy.

Keith and Carol Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

Royce
My Prayers are with you.
Kirk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:18 pm:

Royce, so sorry to hear of the loss of both your Mom& Dad. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

Our condolences, Royce !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

Royce,

Our condolences to you and your family.

Bob Cascisa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

Royce,

So very sorry to hear this news. I will pray for you and your family in this time of loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roar Sand on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

Royce, my thoughts are with you.
Been there and done that, - lost mine 37 and 36 years ago, and there is hardly a day go by when they are not in my thoughts.
GOD BLESS!
Roar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

Sorry for your losses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

Accept our condolances also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Royce, I'm very sorry for the great loss you have experienced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Sorry to hear it Royce! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Sorry to hear it Royce! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

Royce
As more and more time passes I realize what great parents my mom and dad were. I'm sure you have the same memories about your mom and dad. Hang on to those memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

My condolences to you and your family Royce.
Mark Gregush

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

Royce, appreciate the post and do indeed pay my sincere respects to you for the lost of your fine parents. They looked in the photo as to be a very loving couple.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:06 pm:

Royce, very sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Royce,

My thoughts are with you in this time of sorrow. You had such great times with both of your parents and the times with your father are the ones I am most familiar with. God Bless, and knowing that they are now together and in a better place will bring you much peace.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Deepest sympathies Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:25 pm:

Royce, My thoughts are with you. It is hard to lose parents.
Pete Ratledge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

My condolences to you and your family, Royce.
Justin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:32 pm:

Oh, Gee. I do feel for you. It always saddens me to hear of these events. However, I do want to hear of them as it does affect people I know and care about.
In your case, Royce, it has always seemed that you had an exceptional relationship with your folks, one that most of us could envy. In some ways, that makes this time more difficult. Hopefully you will cherish the many wonderful memories of your parents for a long time to come.
My deepest sympathies to you and the rest of your family and friends.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:39 pm:

I am so sorry, Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Webb on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

Deepest sympathies.....ww

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Burg on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 10:14 pm:

My thoughts are with you Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Royce,

Your dad was a man of his word. I am sure that his vows must have included " to cherish you for the rest of your life" and he fulfilled that vow to the max. Know that we are lifting both you and them up in prayer.

Sincerely Evan and Mary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:05 pm:

Royce, so sorry for your loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

I think it is wonderful that they were both able to pass so close together, I know you will miss them, but they do not have to miss each other, and no one should have to live forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Travis Melnick -Waterford , Pa on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:23 pm:

Sorry for your loss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

Be strong, as they are in a better place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

I am sorry to hear about you loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Royce,

So sorry to hear of so profound a loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:42 am:

Royce, Sorry for your lose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Royce:
Our sincerest condolences here. Yes, you are right. It is somewhat poetic. Yet, then again, it kind of says it all. A true couple. Remember that this is also a time of celebration. A time to celebrate their lives and their lives together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:58 am:

May God comfort you at this time!

-Don Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 01:00 am:

May God comfort you at this time!

-Don Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 01:55 am:

Royce, our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Karen and Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:08 am:

My sympathy.
To lose both parents so close together must be very very hard for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:31 am:

Royce,.....so sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. Please accept our condolences. I know how you must feel, but perhaps it's some comfort to know that they'll make this one last journey together. Sincerely,.....Harold & Kathy Schwendeman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:33 am:

My sincere sympathy for you at this time. With regards to our Model T experiences, our Dads introduced us to these wonderful cars and clubs and taught us much about what we know about T's. Model T's and Model T people have influenced our lives in so many ways and provided us with some awesome experiences. Fortunately my Dad is till with me and I cherish each time he rides with me in the T. I am sure you will continue to smile and think of the wonderful memories of your Dad each time you drive a T.
Warwick Landy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:41 am:

Very sorry to hear about your loss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 05:19 am:

Royce, My sincere condolences to you and your family. My Dad passed away 2 months ago aged 90. Even when they live to a ripe old age it's still very hard to lose a parent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 05:54 am:

Royce - my prayers are for you and your family today. So sorry to hear about your great loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:42 am:

My condolences to you and the Peterson family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:55 am:

Royce, My wife lost her mother earlier this month. For anyone to lose two parents within days of each other is unfathomable for me.

My sincere condolences to you and your family. Our hobby has lost two great people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:14 am:

Hello Royce:
Our deepest condolences to you and your good family. We're happy for you and them, that both lead busy and fulfilling lives, for so many good years. Many here knew Ann and Royce from the the many T events where they were active participants for so many decades, and I know that all here would love to know that they were loved by so many for so long.
Best Regards,
Scott and Sheila

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:08 am:

Royce,

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your extended family will be in our thoughts and prayers. One of the things that helped me process the loss of my Mom a few years ago was a country song. It is sung by Brad Paisley and called, When I get where Im going. Perhaps in some small way it can be a comfort to you also. It is located at: https://www.bradpaisley.com/?q=vef/load/b78ec7aa1c4d9da3444653a604e65db0&width=6 40px&height=363

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Royce...so sorry to hear of your parents passing. My prayers are with you. No doubt they are now enjoying each others company on that infinite T-tour in heaven. To borrow a title from a very comforting poem.. "Miss me, but let me go".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:35 am:

Royce, We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Our prayers are with you. Russ and Kathy Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Royce -- Both parents in the span of a few days is a lot of loss to endure. May God grant you the strength to help you through this.

I never had the pleasure of meeting your folks, but I have heard comments about your dad from lots of Model T guys. I never heard a negative word about him. You are fortunate to have had such a great role model. Peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Royce, sorry for the loss of your parents. Also I would like to thank you for the useful information you share on here, I'm willing to bet alot of it you learned from your father.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:56 am:

Sorry for your loss sir.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:57 am:

Royce-

I'm sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you. Thank you for sharing so much about your dad over the years to all of who never had a chance to meet him.

-Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:14 am:

Sorry for your loss. My condolences

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:23 am:

So sorry to hear of the lose of both your parents all at once. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:32 am:

What wonderful years they had with Model T's. We should all be so lucky.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Royce,

I am so sorry to hear of this. I've always admired how proud you were/are of them both. It reminded me of the bond I had with my mom & dad, now both gone too. I know how you must be feeling. Personally, it helped me to realize how terrible it would have been if their passing had NOT been so sorrowful. Take joy in your sadness, it means they were good people and that you loved them very much. How wonderful that they were in your life. God bless you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:51 am:

Sorry for your loss Royce, I am glad I met your Dad when we were down for the Dallas annual meeting.

Going to visit my Dad later this week, we are having a party for his 90th bday on May 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Nichols on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:07 am:

Royce

Please remember that as long as they and their love is spoken about, they will not be forgotten.
My paternal grandparents passed in 1957, Grandma in July 1957 and my grandfather in Aug 1957. I am sorry for your loss and have asked for prayers,
to be said in the Korean Methodist.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:20 am:

Royce, our thoughts and prayers are with your parents, you and your family. I am happy that I got to know them and to spend time with them. They are missed.

Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:22 am:

Royce, Observing, on these pages, how much you honored and loved your parents, must have given them great peace and joy as they made their journey home. May they rest in peace. God bless them both... God bless your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Condolences at the loss of both parents Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:53 am:

I am very sorry to hear of the passing of Ann and Royce. I knew Royce before he met Ann. I believe he met Ann at a "Tall Person" organization. He drove by my home in about 1946 driving a circa 1916 Maxwell. He lived off of 4th Ave. South in Minneapolis. He had two sisters in St. Paul. I often visited Ann and Royce when they lived in Bloomington, MN and Royce worked for Braniff Air lines as a mechanic. We were partners for a while selling Model T parts. He was a great "Ford Man" and give much of his time to the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:07 pm:

I am sorry for your loss. I have prayed for you and your family.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:20 pm:

Sorry to learn of your loss Royce, condolences to you and your family. You are fortunate to have enjoyed many years with them and share a wonderful hobby together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

(Message edited by tom_carnegie on April 27, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:21 pm:

My condolences, Royce.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:50 pm:

Sorry for your loss, Royce. Godspeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 01:38 pm:

The memorial service will be in the Wildwood Chapel at:

Restland Funeral Home
13005 Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75243

(972) 238-7111

The date is Saturday May 2 at 12:30 PM with a reception immediately following at the Restland main building. A grave side service is pending confirmation from the national cemetery in Arlington.

Here they are in 1956 leaving a meeting of the Tip Toppers in Minneapolis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

Royce, One the one hand I hate to hear they are both gone. On the other hand, I know what a blessing it was to have had them for as long as you did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Royce, your parents will live on in the memory of many people. Blessings to you and to your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. Losing one parent is hard. I can't imagine losing both in a matter of days. My thoughts and prayers are with you.(Royce, we had the pleasure of meeting in Chickasha.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:06 pm:

Royce, my grandparents died on the same day in 1960, my grandfather expectedly and my grandmother completely unexpectedly. It was extremely hard on my dad, but what a blessing for them. A friend, my former high school English teacher, wrote to me, "This is the stuff of which poems and ballads are made." I grieve for you and your family, but rejoice for them. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark McWethy on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

I hope you have very fond memories. I didn't know your family but from what I read your parents were very much loved. My prayers to you and your family.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

I can't imagine the loss of both parents so suddenly although I lost my mom 10 years ago from surgery that was supposed to save her. We never got the chance to say goodbye. Hopefully you have time for rest and reflection Royce.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randall Strickland, Lambsburg Va on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Sorry Royce I lost my parents within 3 weeks,will remember you all in our prayers
Randall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:36 pm:

So sorry for your loss Royce. May God comfort you and your family at this most difficult time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson - Kingwood, Texas on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 09:24 am:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, Royce. May the Lord bring you and your family peace and strength during this time.

Sincerely,
Mike Hanson

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration