A loss is a loss

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: A loss is a loss
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 11:46 pm:

Growing up poor on the Iron Range in Minnesota was often difficult. But somehow Dad was able to keep us together and also, when needed, create a home for his brother Albert's children. Their Mother had died of diphtheria when they were quite young. This was often the only time these kids lived in a home with running water. They were there often enough to cause them to be as much family as our own brothers and sisters. Though their given names were Richard and Alan, we knew them as Dick and Joe. I can't imagine what it was like for my parents to have four boys all around the same age, tearing up around that farm, but trust me, we had some fun. A couple weeks ago my brother called to tell me the oldest, 70 year old Dick, a Viet Nam veteran who'd been awarded three Purple Hearts, had passed away. The sadness I've been feeling has been tough but as always life goes on. Last night my brother called to tell me Joe had passed. He was 68 years old. Now of the four my brother and I are left here and the lord has claimed two very good men.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael R Beary on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Sounds like you have a lot of good memories to fall back on Mike. Sorry for your double loss. Hang in there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:25 am:

Mike, Thanks for sharing. We can only imagine your loss. Our condolences for you and your family. We also appreciate their service to our country. You'll be in our prayers.
Wayne & Adrienne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:41 am:

Sorry for your loss Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:02 am:

Our condolences, Michael. Karen and Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:41 am:

Sorry to hear of your loss of two brothers so close together,.....Harold Schwendeman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 02:45 am:

Mike so sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 04:11 am:

Wow, Michael G. I can imagine the feelings you have. I had to share my dad with six of my cousins after their dad flew an airplane into a mountain side in a snow storm in 1964. All six were boys, one older than I, one almost my age, and four were younger. I never minded them being around. They were all more like brothers than cousins.
Three of those six cousins and my own real brother all died way too young (health issues, not military).
My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Wayne Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 05:50 am:

Mike, very sorry for the great loss. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:45 am:

My condolences to you Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:30 am:

Mike,

Im sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like the four of you went through a lot of good times together over the years. Ill be praying for you and your extended family. A country song that meant a lot to me during the loss of my Mom and it still touches my heart is by Brad Paisley. It is called When I get where Im going. If you like country songs and if you a have a private moment, I would encourage you to listen to it at: https://www.bradpaisley.com/?q=vef/load/b78ec7aa1c4d9da3444653a604e65db0&width=6 40px&height=363

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:32 am:

Mike sorry to hear of your loss also. Great story about a great time as kids. I'm sure you will cherish it always. Life is so precious. Not to mention short. God Bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:12 am:

Mike, We are also sorry to hear of your loss. You have our sympathy.

Keith and Carol Gumbinger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Sorry to hear such sad news. My condolences and prayers, Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Condolences Mike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 12:23 pm:

I am sorry for your loss.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

God be with you at this time!

-Don Watson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 05:00 pm:

Sorry for your loss of two brothers. Dean

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Michael,

It sounds like your family did right by these boys. A simple act of love on the part of your parents enriched four lives for eternity.

My condolences to you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 06:24 pm:

Michael, your cousins are in good keeping. My condolences go out to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark McWethy on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:37 pm:

Sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you have fond memories. My prayers are with you and your family.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

Thank you all so much for your kind words. Tomorrow is the Memorial Service for Dick. I'm not able to attend but my brother will be there to represent us. Then Friday I'll drive to the South side of the Twin Cities with my brother to attend Joe's funeral.

At our daily coffee meeting today I was telling stories to a couple of friends about the brothers. One story that got a few of them laughing involved Joe and I having a difference of opinion and your's truly acquiring a broken nose for my trouble. Though it didn't seem as funny at the time, I'm able to recall it with genuine fondness and a sense of humor for the circumstances and all the parties involved.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration