OT. NZ has a lot of work to do

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT. NZ has a lot of work to do
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

According to CNN New Zealand is only number 9 of the 10 happiest places in the world to live.

Come on guys get to work. Number 9 out of 10 is not very good.

You need more Model T's to get to number 1 :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:39 pm:

I think they're doing pretty good. There are about 196 countries in the world. Being number 9 puts them in the top 5%. The good ol' USA didn't make the top 10 list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:40 pm:

Fred, do you really trust all you hear on CNN?

Allan from over the dutch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Allen. It is slightly better than the NY Times :-) which doesn't say much for CNN and less for the NY Times

CNN is also better than the Shanghai Daily

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 03:25 am:

I'm not too worried about any list...I'm having a ball living here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 03:39 am:

Model T, just to keep things on topic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 03:55 am:

I'm trying, last year there were no Model T's in my town, permanent Pop of about 1100 (swells during summer, holidays and Rowing regattas).
A guy moved into town with 2 1/2 T's, I bought mine in late Feb and a mate a few doors down imported a Brassy from the USA which I towed home from the shipping company last week. Thats zero to 4.5! And the best part is now we have 2 in my street!
Anybody looking at buying a 80" series one Landrover? I'm thinking of selling mine to fund another T...
Better update CNN

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 03:57 am:

Blame orclund.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Karl Gilchrist- New Zealand on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 04:40 am:

Yep being in the top 10 is no small feat for a tiny country of 4 million tucked away deep in the South Pacific. Whats more I live in a town voted as the most beautiful town in New Zealand ( not just once but 11 times!) Karl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Kevin, Do you know Gary Young? Is that the guy with 2 1/2 Model T's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:21 pm:

Yes thats correct, we are lucky to have Gary living here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 10:13 pm:

I'll have to give a thumbs up for NZ. Only time I have been there was in the mid sixties, but it was beautiful and people were friendly. I didn't see many old cars, in fact only one and it was a Buick. I don't think that I could ever get used to driving on the left, though, and I am spoiled having easy access to T cars and parts in the US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

I've never been to NZ but I hope to go some day. It's strange, but I've wanted to go there as far back as i can remember. I don't know what that's about...

I was driving a Touring Car at the Centennial in '08 and said I could host some passengers. A lovely couple from NZ rode with me during that week's tours, and they were a lot of fun to be with. There were 40 Kiwis at the Centennial, and some of us would get together for happy hour and dinner every evening. Great folks and great times. Cherished memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:43 am:

Well guys no excuse, get on a plane and come for a look. Your currency is really kind to you and you get scenery changes every hour instead of days. Heaps of old cars over here and you'll soon get used to driving on the correct side of the road lol.
Dont forget to call in on the way past....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 03:06 am:

On my bucket list to visit before it dose what a Seismologist once said.
New Zealand could slip off the plate, a bit like a Model T crankshaft, it's not if it's going to break but when.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:30 am:

The only plate you need to worry about Frank is the ones in your clutch lol...when you coming?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:46 am:

Karl, no doubt you know Vern Jensen, maker of some of the best wooden wheels anywhere.

You have me confused though. I thought Fielding was in the North Island. Our friends in Dunedin on the mainland tell me all the good parts of New Zealand are on the South Island.

Allan from over the Dutch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 05:04 am:

Yes Kevin, I've eliminated the worry of clutch plates, I only use Watts or turbo 400's.
To come over now I would have to buy long pants as winter is setting in, tell me, what's the best time of year to do both islands?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:20 am:

Depends what you want to see I guess, Feb is probably the warmest plus the kids have just gone back to school. The weather can be hard to read although we were in Melb last Oct and boy can that be hard to read lol. Dec is good in some ways the days are long and no holiday makers about yet. Maybe just do one Island and have a decent poke around.
I suggest you start with the Sth Island.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:28 am:

Absolute definitely MUST DO is warbirds over Wanaka. It's on again next year I think we went in 2008 love to go again but need to fit in one more stay at the Dearborn Inn before the bucket fills.It's a beautiful place I just can't work out why Kiwi's bust their backsides to come over here, the scenery is fabulous & they sort of speak english.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:34 am:

The only plate I am concerned about is the one that holds my food :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:05 am:

Nice Doug and yes I agree.
I live not too far from Wanaka as the crow flies and a lot of the planes go overhead around that time. We had a Hurricane buzz low over the Lake near us one day, that was sooo impressive. Every body just loves the airshow.
Looks like it April now Frank!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration