Question on identifying this dash

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Question on identifying this dash
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Merle O. Tanner on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

I would appreciate help in identifying the year of the dash in the attached picture. Is it a Model T or A? It is wider than my 1927 Model T touring body.dash

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Kile ....San Jose CA on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:22 pm:

Not Model A...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

Merle, I believe that is for a 26-27 Fordor sedan ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Merle O. Tanner on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 08:50 pm:

Thanks. Is the sedan body wider than the touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 09:50 pm:

You guys really got me wondering, so I just went and checked my '27 Fordor, and the dash isn't like the one pictured.

The dash pictured has a style line stamped into it that goes almost all the way across and then curves down towards the ends, and my Fordor dash is flat in that entire area.

But it looks sooooo close....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:08 pm:

Probably a '26-'27 Tudor panel. Yes the closed car panels are longer and wider than Open cars.

(disregard that cigar ash tray, its not factory)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:23 pm:

Dan, I believe you are right. I was thinking the Fordor dashes had the holes at the end for the wood framework. I forgot they need holes for the Tudor with the steel frame. My bad :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Merle O. Tanner on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:22 pm:

Does the Model T 26-27 Tudor have a dash rail like the model A's? See attached picture of the dash rail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Merle O. Tanner on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:48 pm:

I tried to up load the picture on my previous message but it was to big. Here it is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:12 pm:

That looks like '28 - '29 Model A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 12:27 pm:

Merle - the T dash is all one piece - the tank was out of site - in the A the tank itself makes up much of the "dash" and holds the instrument cluster, then there is a "brow" piece like yours over the top coming down from the cross support under the windshield. I agree with Harold - it looks 28-9 A and they also vary between body styles. Here is a picture of my 29 Roadster dash...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

It would have to be 26-27 T coupe or tudor, not just because of how it looks generally, but the shape of the ignition switch-ammeter hole. Model A's used an entirely different switch-ammeter panel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

To answer your question about width, I have never had a 26-27 open car, but I've seen open car dashes on Ebay. They are entirely different on the ends.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration