Quartz Brass Lamp Conversion Kit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Quartz Brass Lamp Conversion Kit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

Several years ago I purchased a Brass Lamp conversion kit from one of the major suppliers.It is pretty neat as it replaces the Y burner with 55 watt 12 volt bulbs. One of these bulbs burned out and needs to be replaced. Has anyone done this ? Where and What number is its replacement. I assume JB Weld could replace the ceramic originally used. All help greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 05:20 pm:

Warren, I think Chaffins Garage carries the lamps you are looking for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 05:30 pm:

Warren
I have several 55w 12v bulbs that may work for you, does your bulbs have the 2 pin/leg plug ?

Your welcome to a couple of these if they'll work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Warren:

Not just any cement will hold those bulbs in place and the maker offers a return to manufacturer service to replace the bulbs. Those are halogen and super high heat devices. A friend tried all sorts of epoxy's and none of them failed NOT to melt. He made a mess out of them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 09:15 am:

Thanks for the response. Does anyone know who offers the bulb replacement service ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Warren,
I have done the replacement. The hardest part is getting the old bulb out without destroying the burner base. If you want to call me, I have two of the bulbs that you can have. I broke my headlamp inserts the day after I bought them. They hit the floor. So, I called the company that made them. I can't remember their name but I thought it was Vintage Brass. Anyway, he told me what bulb to use, the process and the correct material to cement the bulb back in with. It's actually unsanded wall grout. It's a bit tricky, but when I have completed the repair you couldn't tell that I had repaired them. You are welcome to contact me offline or call me at 614-582-9422. The bulbs are yours, just contact me. Mine worked fine after the repair and I had no problems with the bulb coming loose.
Brent
The Coil Doctor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

Brent, Received the lamps. Much thanks . I'll let you know when I've fixed them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BRENT MIZE on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 09:07 pm:

You are most welcome!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration