1914 Commutator harness

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1914 Commutator harness
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 04:54 pm:

Does anyone know where you can buy a commutator wire harness for the early cars? Seems like all they sell now in the catalogs are five wire for 1915 and later. I guess I could buy one and snip off the extra wire, but if someone out there is making the correct ones, I'd rather have that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 05:06 pm:

Bill

Lang's has the very best, real original repro, rubber boot and correct harness loom.

Commutator wire harness, original style
Model T Commutator wire harness, original style - 5030NOR
Item Number: 5030NOR
Per Car: 1
Year: 1909-1914
Condition: New
Price: $105.00 each

The have another version 4 wire, without original features or loom, about $20

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 05:46 pm:

Dan, I talked to Lang's and they no longer carry the 4 wire loom - only the really expensive one. I don't really want to pay that much for a commutator wiring harness, so I was hoping someone out there knew of another vendor making the correct one at a reasonable price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

Bill

You could try Sacramento Vintage Ford, they make wiring harness in house. They have the top end 4 wire with loom, but perhaps an email to them to make the std 5 wire in a 4 wire may work.

Dan

http://www.vintageford.com/sect_vehicles.cfm?Line=Wiring%20Shop

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Bill, the one langs sells is real nice, fits the original clips and has the correct ends. If you consider the work that goes into it, it pretty fairly priced.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration