OT If you don't hear from me.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT If you don't hear from me.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Got a call from the IRS today. I was informed they have a warrant out for me for unpaid taxes or something like that and I needed to call a certain number. What's interesting is it was a recording and they didn't address me by name. Even though it was a recording I said "S---w you" and deleted the message. I expect to see them coming down the driveway with swat team vehicles any time now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Gary: you should have sent in the $189.00 so you could help them get the 10,000,000 out of nigeria and give you a 10% cut:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

We're pullin' for ya Gary. Drop us a line from the big house if they get you.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

I send you a cake with a saw in it!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:16 pm:

I had the same call and when I called back I asked them what my social number was, they hung up on me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:23 pm:

I have a really sharp very old three-corner file I can donate for the cake!
(A much better file than anything I have been able to buy in a long time!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

I can mail you some smokes, and soap-on-a-rope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

Gary

If you are a progressive a quick call to Lois will straighten things out.

If you drink tea don't call Lois because she won't help and you are in trouble.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 08:16 pm:

The "IRS" called me about 4 or five times till I found an app called Privacystar which I loaded on my Android. Now when I get any unwanted call I just tell the caller "Sorry, but your phone privileges have been canceled" then I click on: Block This Number. Never hear from them again.

This works because I have all my calls routed through my cell phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 09:47 pm:

John:
The Nigerian that I gave your number to WAS legit, I'm just short on cash. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 09:58 pm:

Tell the I R S you're busy and planning to overthrow the government. They'll send you money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:35 am:

Hey,

Can I use your cars while your in the big house? I'm just trying to be helpful keeping them oiled up.

I'll drive past once in a while and toot the horn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:53 am:

Tell them you cleared the issue up by email with Ms. Lerner. When they find her emails they will see the matter is settled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:48 am:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and advise. Ed, I don't smoke but I hear they are better than money. The "soap on a rope" I understand is a necessity. I don't know if they have called back yet. I don't answer any calls I don't recognize on the caller ID. With Direct TV it shows up on the TV. I do have voice mail and if anything is important they can leave a message. Sorts out about 80% on unknown callers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 02:25 pm:

I understand the IRS will never call you or ask you to pay with any type of pre paid card, etc. They will send you notice/letters by U.S. Mail and or come pay you a visit at your lawyer's office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

I got the same call, I think it was the same people that sold my phone # to the "This is Microsoft security, your computer has been infected" SOB's. They hung up when I told them I was putting a curse on their family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

Jon, What curse did you use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Any will do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

It had to do with a fiery ball from the Sun coming down and frying a certain part of the anatomy in front of his Deity and everyone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:39 pm:

I like that app... Almost worth getting a smart phone just so I can have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 12:51 am:

Guys I was called and told them that I did not have a computer, but they kept on talking. I used a 4 letter and that stopped the call..
Today Racheal call and one other girl called about my credit card and when I told him my rate was on4.2 in stead of the 6.9 they said why are you still on the phone, they hung up. I made a log with date, time and phone # and whom called if I can identify the caller. I plan on turning it over to the FCC, since I have registered with the Do not call for The USA and for California.
Most of the calls are from Card Services and the other is from the Medic Alert about my free alert device.
If it were possible to file a CLASS ACTION suite that would be great.
That is my story.
Bill D

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 01:34 am:

Most of the scammers are off shore and are not subject to our laws.
Block a phone number?
No problem........they'll get another number faster than you can block 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 03:39 am:

Having heard it was a scam, when they called me I got anti fed/IRS big time and told them to FO and come and get me. Funny they've not called back this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 02:19 pm:

we have caller ID. If we do not know the number we do not pick up. If it is important they will leave a message. So most of the pests and fraudsters don't get a chance. I do the same with my cell phone. If I do not recognize the number I don't answer it. If it is important they will leave a message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

I,m with you Kevin!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration