Toneau cover for Model T Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Toneau cover for Model T Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Ebbert on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 06:59 pm:

Does anyone have a pattern for a leather/vinyl toneau cover for the back seat of a 1915 Model T Touring car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 07:18 pm:

I have a rear seat toneau for my '13 touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 05:47 am:

Gary,

I have a canvas toneau for my tourer which matches the canvas top. I had it made so it could be fitted with the same fasteners that the top and side curtains use. I replaced the single lift dot studs with double stack ones, so the top and toneau can remain in place at the same time.

By adding a row of fasteners across the dash, I was able to make the toneau fit over the front seat too. This makes for easy towing to tours, when I remove the top completely and stow it in my tow vehicle. On tours, the front portion is folded back under the rear, which remains in place to cover whatever I leave in the back. Out of sight, out of mind to would be lightfingers.

A good auto trimmer could make the same for you.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 09:36 am:

I did it once for a '23 Touring I had. It's not that hard to do using brown paper and tape. You can get a real good fit and it's easy enough to trim or add pieces where necessary. Went with a good grade black vinyl material which can be sewed together with any decent sewing machine. Vinyl parts can be pinned or stapled together before sewing for a nice fit as their all kind of different. Sorry the pic's not great but you get the general idea.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration