OT The Beast of Turin revisited

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT The Beast of Turin revisited
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Found this while reading the thread about pick-up trucks. Jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdWgmp4TaQ&feature=player_embedded

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 08:37 am:

That looks scary fast but it sure smokes a lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 08:50 am:

The chain drive catalytic converter doesn't seem to be working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 09:46 am:

I want one.......

Looks like quite a ride!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:05 am:

That thing is a beast! Looks like it would eat Model Ts for breakfast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Here is the before video of this 1911 Fiat S76.

<iframe></iframe>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TV2l6TOuGA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 02:49 pm:

Has the aerodynamics of an obese bumblebee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 02:53 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

The radiator would look good on a T speedster......

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

And you American's thought you invented the term..."There's no substitute for cubic inches" eh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

If i had my druthers,i would druther see Old 16 waltz around the Village at The Old Car Festival again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1906 Locomoble that Won the 1908 Vanderbuilt Cup Race!!! There are video's on line and watch how they start the 1100 cu in on the shower of spark's!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ned Protexter on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

That radiator could be used as the tail of a boat tail speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:32 pm:

Stay away from speed bumps!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

I figure that radiator weighs as much as the entire body and radiator together on my boat-tail!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Do any of you know what's under the hood?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:07 pm:

The beast has a 1729 cubic inch four cylinder engine.
http://theoldmotor.com/?tag=the-beast-of-turin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:19 pm:

Thanks Erik! That's really something.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 07:44 pm:

While not 1729 cu. in. like "the Beast," Henry Ford knew how to put a sizable motor in a light chassis too. The 1902 racers 999 and Arrow, with a 7x7 bore/stoke possessed 1077 cu. inches:

And the 1906 six cylinder racer, at 6x6 1/2 comes in at 1102 inches:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

Rob,I have never seen that picture of either the Arrow or the 999 before! Is that MR Cooper?? Did you ever get a peek at the 6 cyl racer?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Bud,
I'll post the entire article on a new thread,
Rob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration