Old Photo - A Business Section, Angels Camp, California

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - A Business Section, Angels Camp, California
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Mid 1930's. It's surprising how the Model T's had disappeared so soon. However, I remember in the 1940's when we still saw some in daily use, however, they would not appear in every picture.
We would see maybe 2 or 3 in a day's time. I lived in a small town in Los Angeles county.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:42 am:

Doesn't look much different today except for the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

I recall standing on the sidewalks of this and other little gold country towns as a small
child and watching "the world" go by. It is where my interest in old stuff, rusty metal,
and weathered wood was conceived. Spent a lifetime trying to preserve it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:28 pm:

"A Business Section"??? There was a "B Business Section" in Angels Camp??? Actually, I didn't think Angels Camp is as big as this picture shows!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

Norm, all the Model Ts were put away in barns for us to find and restore.

Happy motoring,

Warren

2009 barn find

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:53 pm:

The car headed into the camera looks to be a 1935-37 Packard Junior. The car parked first on the left looks like a 30-31 Model A Tudor with V-8 wheels. Great picture Jay thanks for continuing to share so many interesting photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

10 yrs back we had a HCCA brass car tour in Angles Camp and the town does look mostly the same as the old photo. I looked for some street photos of the tour with all the brass cars parked, however could not, still looking.

just saying,

brasscarguy

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration