Anyone have any information on "H&H Motor Sales Inc." of Chicago

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Anyone have any information on "H&H Motor Sales Inc." of Chicago
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

This key chain was on e-bay last week, and I write a "collectables" column for my local newsletter.

What I would like is any information on the dealership especially any old pictures from the T era so I can include it in the column.

The key chain was patented on 12/5/16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, May 29, 2015 - 12:59 pm:

Just wanted to try one more time before putting out our newsletter.

If anyone can help with pictures or history on this dealership it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Dupree on Friday, June 05, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

Have you tried the Chicago Tribune archives? I stumbled onto this while I was trying to research another Chicago area dealership. http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1920/09/26/page/106

This is a listing of the various Chicago area dealerships in 1920. There is no H & H Motor sales, nor any dealership at that address in 1920.

The Ford dealers did not advertise in the 1918 auto show directory

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/1918/01/27/page/85

Ron Dupree

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

My '13 was sold by Erwin Greer Automobile Company on 2415 Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I contacted the Chicago Historical Society and they kindly supplied me with about 20 ads from the Chicago Daily Tribune that provided me with a wealth of information on them...perhaps you, too, could contact them. Reviewing the ads that they sent me, it looks like a ton of dealers and supply houses were on Michigan Ave at the time...Good Luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, June 08, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

I did a Google search of the address, it's an empty lot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration