1926 Model T Ford touring Newfields, New Hampshire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1926 Model T Ford touring Newfields, New Hampshire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:51 pm:

Although Sunday April 26, 2015 was not the nicest day we've had this spring, it still turned out to be a great day for touring in our Model Ts ! All in all I did 108 miles in my 1926 Model T coupe, all in high gear, except when I was starting from a dead stop in 1st gear. I even made it up Mill's hill (NH Route 13) here in Dunbarton, which is a 2 mile, 8% grade, while maintaining a speed better than 20 mph !

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cs5vPjNg2Q&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

Great video, thanks!

I didn't realize the spark lever even went down that far! But, if that's where the car likes to run, then more power to you (pun intended). :-)

How retarded is the spark when the lever is fully up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 04:07 pm:

Thanks, Warren. I always enjoy your videos. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

Thank you, Mark and Robert, I really enjoy getting out for a drive and making them. Robert I have a friend in Bow, NH that is moving down to Spring Hill, however he is not a T guy, but he does have a very nice 1957 Buick Special.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: since my complete rebuild I have been getting many free starts, I'll try to post a video.

'57 Buick Roadmaster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

That looks like a '57 Roadmaster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:47 am:

That is a Roadmaster. They had the big body, high compression heads, a 4 barrel carb, 322 cuin and 4 portholes
The Buick Special had a smaller body and a motor with low compression heads, a 2 barrel carb, and three portholes
The Century had the Special body, Roadmaster motor, and three portholes

I had a 56 Century that had been lightened a bit. I originally used it as a stock drag car at the Conn Dragway and later ran it as a B modified production car with 401 motor.

I sold it when I went to college and the last time I saw it was when it passed me on RT 24 in bridgewater Ma in 1965 I was doing about 70 and it by me like I was stopped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:53 am:

Oh almost forgot. I tried to watch the video of a T in my home town but YouTube is blocked in China.

Then I realized that Warren might be trying to make me jealous because I am in China and can't drive my T around Newfields -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:15 am:

Mike and Fred, that is my '57 Roadmaster!!!! Al my friend from Bow has a Special. Fred what the h--- (heck), I bet you were thinking something else, are you doing in China? Should have brought your Depot Hack, that way you would be sure of making new friends.

Happy motoring,

Warren

ps: now that I know how to get to Newfields maybe we can get together for coffee or ice cream and a drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:13 pm:

Warren,

I am in Shanghai because of work. I got home sick and jealous when I saw Newfields in the title.

Driving the hack around Shanghai would be a bit of a challenge given that most of the folks have no patience when driving and little respect for rules of the road.
It is common to be in line waiting for a light and having a bunch of drivers go down the wrong side of the road to get in front of everyone.
Waiting for a light is to be interpreted very loosely - it really means that the cross traffic is going too fast to pull in front of -unless you have a big truck!

Stop on red when turning has no meaning.
In real life red just means slow up a bit and blow your horn.

Coffee Ice cream - driving the Seacoast - Great idea.
I am headed back to the US tomorrow and if I can stay awake will try to make it to the T club meeting on Monday.
See you there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 06:53 am:

Sounds good Fred, see you Monday at the meeting.
I just realized that I'm a big time movie director:

https://www.facebook.com/warren.henderson.501/videos/vb.1488951254/3219072084220 /?type=2&theater

Happy motoring,

Warren

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration