Howell's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Howell's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

I just like to say that, Monday night at 9pm, I bought '26-27 coupe quarter panel, patch panels, from Howell's on Ebay. They arrived here today, about 1:30pm. Day and a half, that's quick!standard shipping.

I ordered a bunch of things from Mac's, yesterday. They sent me a e-mail saying I should have it all, on the 6th.

That works, I have surgery on the 4th, get out on the 5th, and parts on the 6th. Then I get to sit, and look at all the parts for 2 weeks, before I'm aloud to do any thing!

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:05 am:

Ordered a set of '24 front fenders from Howell's.
Got them in quite a reasonable time. Just noticed the other day they were shipped from Rootlieb. Nice of them to locate a pair for me rather than waiting till they tooled up for new production.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Been waiting for well over 6 months for a hump cover for under rear seat of a Fordor!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:59 am:

I have learned through trial and error how to deal with Howell's. When you call to order something you must ask them to specifically put their hands on it on the shelf. If not, you may get told that they have it and it will ship right away and then wait, wait, and wait some more.

If they don't have it on their shelf, ask specifically when the next run will be made. You usually get a relatively close time frame for production. Production, particularly for slow moving items, seems to ramp up just before Chickasha.

I believe that Howell's has good products (some fit is typically required) but the customer service is lacking and the sometimes misleading shipping information can get one's blood pressure up. In their defense, I don't think that many people work there and the owner makes the majority of the parts so time is not on his side based on the array of parts that they offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

They don't want negative feedback at ebay, so the parts they sell there is on the shelf - thus speedy delivery. Their ebay name is "09-40".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

I know two other people that ordered 26-27 coupe parts, and got them right away, from the Howell's online store. One guy bought 7-8 parts.

Yes they ship better on ebay, but it's because it's the rule on there. You must ship in the time stated.

The rear panel I bought from them on ebay, took a week to get, but that's what it said it would take, as with these parts I got, in a day and a half. The rear panel was cheaper then what their store sells them for.

I called them all day , and never got a answer, so I went on ebay and bought them.

Pat

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration