Fine read "Ford Tramps" by Seegar Swanson

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Fine read "Ford Tramps" by Seegar Swanson
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 01:25 am:

I know it has been mentioned here before, but, I just finished reading this well written story about the 1924 tour around the 4 corners of the USA by 2 young men in a used 1919 touring car Ford T. I recommend it wholeheartedly if you are a T nut and like a good read.

I got a used copy on Amazon for low price and it was even signed by the author.

Well worth a read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 09:17 am:

Thanks Erich

Have heard about that story, so just ordered a copy now.....:-)

Should be a good read while waiting for the brown truck to bring some more T parts.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:42 am:

A great read.
I like two items in particular, one was NO paved roads in Montana and the highest speed attained was 25 mph on a concrete road in Florida. Fascinating....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 12:34 pm:

I really enjoyed a book called "Eight Girls, Two Model T's and the American West". I found it in our library. Really liked how travelers communicated with each other and that Oregon had the most paved roads. Don, PDX, OR.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Since I am from Wisconsin I have read this book about 3-4 times. Always a good read. Would love to hop in my T and follow their trail. Too bad they did not explain in more detail how they limped home and made it. I won't give the ending away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 10:08 am:

Is this the story of two guys who pick fruit, and do odd jobs all across the country, and then have a wheel give out shortly before returning home?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 09:49 pm:

yes

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration