Brake drum turning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Brake drum turning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

After some blasting and 80 grit, I am down to this.
Is it necessary to have the drums turned or is this good enough to make them functional?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

Not a good idea. Model T drums are too thin already. Just my 2 cents. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

Is that a parking brake drum? Your picture is hard to interpret.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

This should eliminate all shimmy between 80 and 100 mph. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:12 pm:

The more I look at it, I'm sure that's your parking brake drum. No, don't turn it, it's just a parking, or maybe emergency, brake. Should be fine like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jon pederson, Minneapolis,MN on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Jerry, yes, it's a rear brake drum from from a '26, I had to tilt it to get a good pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

For me leave them as they are

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 07:36 am:

I'm with Dave on this one. Only turn the drum if your trying to eliminate the shimmy between 80 and 100 mph.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration