Wrench: What Years Was It Used?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Wrench: What Years Was It Used?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 04:22 pm:

Probably old hat to you guys but the first I've ever seen. Appears to be spark plug/ head bolt (5/8") tool. Marked Ford with the # T-5893. What years? Columbus Flea Market $3 special.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Charlie

There are guys on the forum who are experts in Model T tools. All I can say for pretty sure is that the wrench pictured was a part of the T tool kit and therefore must have been supplied for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 06:10 pm:

Charlie,

Bottom Line Up Front: It is the spark plug and cylinder head (also fits demountable lugs but the wrench came first and just happens to fit both) wrench. Introduced around 1913 or 1914 depending on the reference.

Additional details:

From the encyclopedia Trent’s article has:

“ …T2335 combination socket and open-end wrench about 1913. The T2335 wrench design, used for head bolts and spark plugs, continued into
the Model A era with minor changes.

From the thread at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/249390.html Larry Smith added it came into use 1914 (model year or calendar year?).

There is a more detailed posting at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/342802.html?1361147232 that has additional photos of the wrench over the years.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 08:47 pm:

There are several versions of this wrench. Its Model T parts number is #2335.

Top is 1913 or 1914 to around 1920.
Second is the 1920-1927 style, still #2335
Third is the TT version.
Fourth is Ford V-8.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:31 am:

I think #3 is a Model A. The top one came out in mid year '13.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 02:49 am:

I am not sure, but had been told the model A wrench looks like the model T (second from the top), but that the spark plug end is a bit larger than the model T size. I have had a few that fit that description.
The third one from the top is a model TT truck wrench, so I have been told.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 04:58 am:

Yes, the A wrench looks like #2, not like #3!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

The T wrench is on top, the A below.
There are several variations of the A wrench, the difference being on the other end.

The enclosed end wrench, like started this thread, are all Model T.

wrench 2

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration