OT Gas price jumps 10% in 10 days, but not news?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Gas price jumps 10% in 10 days, but not news?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:07 pm:

Out here in Oroville the price of regular jumped from $287 to $329 in about 10 days (the last jump was 10 in one day), but NO mention of the jump on in the news. I guess we're all just too used to this now?
My wallet sure isn't used to it!! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:24 pm:

Haven't noticed a jump here in Missouri. Maybe a hike in CA state tax? :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Howard on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

Half your luck.. here in Australia we are paying at the moment $1.32 a litre, which would be about $4.25 in US dollars per US gallon. WE are so clever here that we shut down our refineries and import from Asian ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

Nice Tony, I'm paying $2.02 per litre!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

$2.15 a gal in Joplin.mo. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 06:53 pm:

Yuk thats $8.50 per us gallon I pay, you get used to it I guess and you cant do much about it. Diesel is a heap cheapier here but i havent found a Diesel T yet lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:14 pm:

Kevin
With your vaporizer carb, you can actually run your T on Diesel. You need to start it on gasoline and warm it up and then switch over. At the very least you could run it on a 50-50 blend. Old farm tractors here had two fuel tanks. A small one for gasoline for starting and the main tank where you burned a fuel called "distilate". This resembled kerosene. I have fro some experiments created my own "distilate" by blending 50-50 gas and diesel.
I bought gas here on Wednesday for $.89 Cdn per litre and the Cdn dollar is currently at .83 US, so that works out to US $2.81 per US gallon or $3.36 for a Imperial gallon.

We should all realize that this biggest impact of fuel prices is TAX!! In Canada this is what pays for out "free" health care system.
Further on the tax thing, I am amazed at what some people pay in the US to renew their license plates every year. My antiques are "permanent" (no renewal cost) and my regular plates are about $82.00, and it doesn't matter what age the vehicle is, (new or otherwise). I think the expression is "you get the government you deserve".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

Ours has gone up significantly in the last few days as well. $2.25 a couple of weeks ago. $2.39 today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Oh, come now. It is simply a price correction. That is not news. You have been getting a free ride for too long already.

Excuse me, I have to go up-the-chuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

The six o'clock news had a lead-in early in the news cast that gas prices have risen. I waited through several commercials and additional lead-ins until finally they were ready to voice the news event. They said "our local gas prices have risen to an average of $2.38 over the past several weeks". That was all--no comment on why. Any dummy could see the rise. Even me!! But no reason was given.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

$2.35 this AM. $2.65 in PM. Tomorrow it will drop about a nickel just to make us feel good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Les would a 50/50 mix be risking anything? I wouldn't want to damage a head gasket or worse as I have a Z head and 90psi (If my gauge is accurate) on each pot as it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Martin, Sydney Australia on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Les,

On rego costs, My model T's and other Veterans costs $50 dollars per year to register on our historic permit scheme which limits us to use on club events only and a small allowance for testing within a 5 kilometer radius from home. Our regular modern cars, depending on vehicle weight cost about $1000.00 per year to register which includes compulsory 3rd party insurance, Even my car trailer costs about $150.00 per year. I can only wish for the unreasonable charges you pay :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Mokelumne Hill, Calif. on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

We were paying 2.79 10 days ago. Today it it is 3.30. That looks like 51 cents which is about 18%.
Of course we're in Califorkya where we can't import out of state gas so they have us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 10:35 pm:

David Dewey: I went by the Arco Station On Lake Blvd at about 12:30 and gas was $3.19 and in the 30 minutes It took for a sandwich the price went up to $3.25.9 and the way I see it that is .51 cents in about 3 weeks. So where did out OIL glut go to. The experts said that gas "could go down to under $2.00, and I don't think so

bill dugger
redding, ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 10:38 pm:

Our fuel might be high but Rego for all over 40yr cars in NZ is only $111 per yr (NZ$)for full registration (no limit to use), any basic trailer is $35 yr all other private use cars 4cyl or V8 are $287 yr. Part of this fee is accident compensation which pays for all accident medical fees etc and believe it or not these are being reduced in July of this year. I just got off the phone confirming the amount and its staggering really as all car rego is going DOWN to $137.68 pr year! Thats the total Rego cost for any private car in New Zealand.
They aren't dropping the over 40yr fee but at $111 I'm happy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:29 am:

It went up to $3.39 today, .10 more than yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:45 am:

I have to correct my original posting, went by the gas station today and it's now at $3.39--ten cents in one day!!
BTW, comparing our prices to the prices in other countries just is just apples & oranges. Each of is "used to" whatever we've been paying over the years. What's valid is the change in price that is occurring.
Egads, no way will I emigrate to Australia--I couldn't afford to keep a car registered there! Oh wait, hmm, my regular car insurance is about that per year--but do you have to pay it on each vehicle you own, or just one and the rest tag along?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 01:21 am:

Bill,
Hmm, I wonder what it will cost in Dunsmuir when we go up for Mothers' Day???
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 01:38 am:

"Up" to $2.459/Gallon around 'The Frozen Tundra'.... Relatives from the southern part of lower Michigan will fill-up when in Indiana due to lower gasoline taxes/prices there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 02:47 am:

My T ran on diesel when i ran out of petrol. It was horrible. Hard to start and not much power. Mixed with a gasoline it should be ok.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 03:03 am:

Last week it was around $2.49 in most of southern and central Florida (except for $2.99 at Miami Beach). Then I came back to reality and $6.50 over here..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 07:00 am:

The news this morning said gas prices are rising because they shut some refineries down for repairs and maintenance.

That's a better way to say we aren't producing any more fuel until we can get the prices up by creating our own shortage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 07:23 am:

Pipe line. Pipe line.
Give US a pipe line!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Kep,Our old f-20 farm tractor had warnings decaled on the valve cover Warning about mixing starting gas and diesel and makeing the tractor Impossable to start!!!!!!!!!!! Fred if you want the pipline built on Your Land which gives the Canadians Authority over it,Go For IT!!!! Dennis hit it on the head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 09:28 am:

Guys, it's simple, memorial day weekend is coming up and as everyone knows is the first major holiday of the season. I see my neighbors getting their boats and campers ready for the rush to the lake. Wonder how many millions will be made be made extra from every one for the holiday travel and fun? KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration