In Need of a 1927 Tudor Driver's Seat

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: In Need of a 1927 Tudor Driver's Seat
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

The driver's seat in my Tudor is in pretty bad shape and was told by a good friend who restores antique aircraft for a living that it would be easier to try and find a replacement rather than to try and fix it. I do not know how to weld, so I have to base his comment on his experience. The photos that I took probably do not show all of the twisting to the frame, but it is pretty bad - the result, I believe, of the 300+ former owner of the car. I am also having to replace the wood that sat directly underneath the chair.

I called our local Puget Sound T parts collector, Bill Bender, and he didn't have any. Does anyone have one that they would be willing to sell, preferably local, or a solution? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:39 am:

I will disagree with your aricraft friend. These are NOT that common, and I would fix it, or have it fixed. They were only used on the Tudor, and only on the Driver's side, so hard to find today.
300+ lbs?? Better get your frame springs re-arced, and have your frame checked for sag (not a joke, I'm being serious!!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 12:39 am:

I will disagree with your aircraft friend. These are NOT that common, and I would fix it, or have it fixed. They were only used on the Tudor, and only on the Driver's side, so hard to find today.
300+ lbs?? Better get your frame springs re-arced, and have your frame checked for sag (not a joke, I'm being serious!!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 01:10 am:

Ooops. sorry!
Ooops, sorry!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 01:13 am:

Check with Mike Peterson, gunman63 at ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/gunman63?_trksid=p2053788.m1543.l2754

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 10:32 pm:

Craig:

Thanks for the lead. I contacted him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration