26 Tudor Differential

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26 Tudor Differential
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:18 pm:

I'm wondering if anyone out there can answer a question on the internal bushings on my 26 tudor. When I started removing the inner and outer bushings, there is another smaller bushing on the inner side of the bushing for the roller bearing. The roller bearing buts up against this bushing and prevents it from going any further through the bushing. The parts houses don't show this bushing at all. Should I put this back in when I change out the roller bearing bushing or leave it out? I'll post a picture so you can visualize what I'm talking about. Thanks yall for your help. Rand 26 Tudor bushings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:34 pm:

That piece is an integral part of the housing and should not have been removed. Best to find another housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 02:55 am:

The rivets look like they are worn.
Check inside to see there is already one in place, If not, Then the one in the picture was supposed to be in there and was held in with rivets.
Replacing the rivets can be done with a hammer and an anvil or solid rod of large diameter.
The rivets might have been holding the end of the housing onto the axle tube so make sure the holes line up when replacing the rivets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rand Ward on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 10:12 am:

Thanks Kep. I'll take a look and see if I can give it the good old American Try.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration