Transmission Bands reshaping

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Transmission Bands reshaping
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Punter on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 03:43 pm:

What is the best way to reshape transmission bands. Mine are out of round. Some are oval, others are twisted a bit.
Can cast iron ears also be reshaped ?
I will use wood liners on them.

Thanks in advance
Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

I use an old drum and just keep tapping and tweaking till they are round. The ears I do believe are forged. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

Like Keith posted, use an old drum to reshape with a leather faced or rubber mallet.

Best to get the 'ears' about 3" - 4" apart after getting the circumference round, and removing any twist to the metal band.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration