The Autoist's Lament

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The Autoist's Lament
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason, Whittier, CA on Friday, May 01, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

I don't recall seeing this before so here we go:

The Autoist's Lament

The Ford is my auto, I shall not walk;
It maketh me lie under it in queer postures;
It leadeth me into trouble;
For its sake I go into the paths of debt;
Yea, though I understand my Ford perfectly,
I fear much evil, for the radius rods might break;
And if it has a blow-out in the presence of my enemies,
I anoint the tires with patches.

Surely the thing will not follow me all the days of my life,
Or I will dwell in the house of poverty forever.

Jacksonville (Oregon) Post
October 24, 1914

Best regards. BE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:06 am:

Very similar to the one that my mother used to recite, also based on the 23rd psalm. Now I'll have to scratch my brain to try to remember exactly how hers was worded.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 07:52 pm:

I bet this would look really good embroidered on a throw pillow.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration