Are either of these Jacks Model T's?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Are either of these Jacks Model T's?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 04:55 am:

Guys I went to my first boot sale today and picked up the dark Jack in the pics (SJ60) and a Ford spanner (T5893), I already had the other jack in my garage (Walker Racine NO 361 & N172).
Can anybody tell me anything about these?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:36 am:

Not T. Here are a couple of pictures showing the standard Model T jack that came with the car until the last few years.

The only difference between these two is paint.

I don't have a picture of the pressed steel jack that came with the last T's. Maybe somebody will post one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 09:10 am:

Information from 1922 from Beckley Ralston Co. showing jacks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Steve, so I can hunt better next time what is the branding on those jacks?
Also is there any branding on the later model T ones that I should look for?
George were any of these "Beckley Ralston Co" jacks supplied with T's?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 09:43 pm:

The correct heavy duty jack for a TT is this one:

Marked "Gilbert Hunt Co. / Walla Walla, Wash.

Any self respecting TT owner needs to be ready to do some
railroad track work.

The lawn mower is also T-correct, as is the poletop finial and
the roll of barbed wire. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 10:27 pm:

Thanks Burger

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 11:44 am:

I do not know the history of Ford accessories. I have read where Ford would issue a company statement about using only Ford products with his car. I would hazard to guess that the jacks presented in the jack advert were manufactured by various manufactures who may have been sub-suppliers for the company. Those jacks with the Ford name on them may be best answered by some with more experience with Ford accessories and tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 02:21 pm:

Alright, I am going to show some stupidity here- can someone post a video how to use the standard 1909-1926 screw-type jack? It kinda spooks me and I want to learn how to use them.

Thanks!!
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 04:18 pm:

Burger - You have mail, or that is, you will have, depending on how long a "PM" takes,.....harold

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration