It's ready for car show

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: It's ready for car show
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:05 am:

Ready for a car show next sat ,it,s not gonna get washed or cleaned up, just let people get in it and have photo time, it is not just for " please look but don,t touch" I love to let kids get in it as well as the 80 y. o.,sTruck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:21 am:

Very nice. That should be a fun time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:25 am:

The wheels look too nice. Gotta hit some muddy roads and dirty them up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Great looking truck. It looks like it's given plenty of service and has plenty more to give! It will be a hit at the show. Have fun!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 08:49 am:

Ronnie,

Looks like you will have a lot of fun at the car show. I see a battery mounted. Do you have the optional starter? And if so do you do anything to help prevent folks from accidently stepping on the starter switch? I find it is easy to activate them by mistake and I know they are there.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 10:49 am:

That's how I like to see 'em! I agree with Steve---mess those wheels up a tad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 11:17 am:

Yes it has a starter and I disconnect it at battery

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Use 'em and abuse 'em, yes.

Cutesy car show, not for this TT man. :-)

Go use that thing like a rented mule and SHOW people what
they were meant to do. Not sit around in some sweltering parking
lot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 05:48 pm:

Buckly,Mi is south of Traverse City and the third weekend in August they have a HUGE Steam and Tractor show.Most of the club members use TT trucks for their work on the train,engines,and tractors! Many talented Model T people in that neck of the woods!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

The show is in the local park and I will be using it gotta carry a large cooler

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 07:57 pm:

Ken, ... sounds pretty messed up to me. :-)

Ronnie, ... let's make sure that cooler has a lot of surface rust.
And make sure you get plenty of wood cut with that buck saw. ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 07:27 am:

Yes I will put some small logs in it, the cooler is a old coke metal cooler, have to chain it down,don't wanna lose it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 10:20 am:

Car shows with an unrestored T are a lot of fun -

The car is different than what people normally expect to see.
You get to talk with a bunch of people, and share our hobby.

Like Ronnie, I let the kids sit in the car, and parents love taking pictures.
For the most part the kids are respectful of the car, but if they are not I just say please be careful it old and breaks easily.

I do a crank demonstration a few times an hour just for fun that gets a lot of attention.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Ok got sit running today had to remove the resistor to get enough fire to points to run took a drive all seems ok,car show in the morning

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 04:44 am:

Enjoy !! and Good Luck,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 12:57 am:

Last show i went to i had old rusty T andtook best in show people pick
Cant wait get my tt going

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 06:30 am:

Taking mine to one next Saturday. It's always a hit with the crowd. I take advantage of the opportunity to educate others on the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Show went great lots of lookers ,a 25 coupe and speedster showed up in a trailer very, very nice cars anyway on way home mine started spitting, sputtering real bad nursed it home barely will check it out today

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration