HAL OVERHEAD VALVE COVER WANTED.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: HAL OVERHEAD VALVE COVER WANTED.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 02:54 pm:

I would like to find a Valve Cover for a HAL Over Head Valve Engine as shown in this photo. Anyone have an extra or know of one? Even if I could pay to borrow one to make a copy would be very beneficial. Kindly contact me at:

Bill Kerndt 563-380-6230
kerndtengineering@gmail.comHAL VALVE COVER

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 07:14 am:

Still looking!!

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Hey Bill,
I'm still looking also! Maybe we need to make the trip to Lincoln this summer!
A HAL overhead just needs to have the proper cover!
RB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

Who do you think I was looking for a valve cover for? HA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 03:32 am:

I'm looking for one as well thanks

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Last week I visited a place that will 3D print in wax. It can then be "sprued up" and "invested" for burnout and pouring. Economical for a one off. Once I had the wax I would make a silicone mould so more waxes could be made. I have taken some classes in this at a local art college
If you could borrow briefly the one you have the picture of, taking a silicone mould would be quick and easy to do. Then you can make a wax from that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 11:25 am:

We can always count on our discussion board members for great ideas and insight!
Bill has been in contact with the folks at the Museum of American Speed, and just maybe we can convince them to lend us one of theirs to create some copies.
Its a great looking cover and would lend to the value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 02:08 pm:

Some more thoughts;
1. A problem with just taking a copy right off of this is that of course the new casting will be smaller, (and probably too small to fit right).
2. Taking a copy of just the "graphics" might be OK and then add them to a new pattern is a process I have used before. And then sand cast them
3. I'm determined to try the idea of using a 3D scan and then convert that to a 3D image. One nice thing is at this stage the details can be "fixed" and the copy could be better than the original!! Once everything looks right it can then be scaled suitably and then 3D print it. After that a silicone rubber mould could be made and waxes and then copies could be investment cast. I'm hoping to try this soon on some special gears.

Anyway, best of luck and please update us as you proceed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration