No fire

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: No fire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

Now I know I should have coils and timer, just have not gotten to that yet, anyway my truck has a texas t dizzy, I have lost fire to the points Anya ideas where to start looking, no loose wires anywhere

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:51 pm:

Ronnie
1. The most likely is burned points which usually also means the condenser is shot
2. Maybe the points aren't opening (the rubbing block is worn or they just need readjustment)
3. No power to the coil
4. The coil is shot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 08:54 pm:

Bought new coil,points, condenser will install tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Housego (United Kingdom) on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 05:12 am:

With ignition key on switched to battery have you 6V (12V) to the coil?
No = suspect ignition switch or wiring from it to coil
Yes = check wire from coil (-) to distributor and points.

John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 10:23 am:

Got wrong condenser will any other condenser work with the texas t distributor ,till I can order the right one,really need to get it running

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 10:32 am:

Any good quality condenser made for a points distributor will work fine. The part to remember is GOOD QUALITY. The Texas T Parts coils and condensers are known to last very briefly in service. You should try to find a German or US made Bosch coil and points / condenser set for 1968 - 1972 (12 volts) or 1958-67 VW (6 Volts) Volksbuggen if you want to go more than a few dozen miles.

Click here to see what you are looking for:
http://www.ratwell.com/technical/BlueCoil.html

Do not buy any coils made in China or Mexico, they are no Bueno por caca.

(Message edited by royce on May 03, 2015)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration