Interesting evening

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Interesting evening
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:29 pm:

I had moved my Model T's out of the garage so a friend could work on a motor boat for a Boy Scout camp. I had the cars parked in my driveway the night before and they sat there all night and all day. I was back in camp on the backhoe when my friend called me on my cell phone and said there was a lady who was at the garage and wanted to know if she could bring her son and his prom date over to take pictures in front of the cars because their prom theme was "The Great Gatsby". I said she was more then welcome to stop by and take photos and if she could tell me what time they would be over I would move the cars into the yard by the pine trees for a better photo. Once I found out what time they were coming I made sure I was available and had moved the cars around so Mom could take pictures. The young fellow looked quite dapper and the young lady made a beautiful flapper. I said OK get in and take a picture of them inside. Their mouths dropped open and they were so excited to sit in the cars for different poses. We did many, many photos in the '27 Touring and the '22 Coupe. The Touring I put the top down, then up, then down as mom posed them over and over again for prom pictures. In the front seat in the back seat, crank starting and such. They sat in the Coupe looking thru the back window, on the running boards, acting like they were trying to start it, etc. The young couple must of thanked me 20 times and I guess the mom thanked me 40 times. I wished them well and said have a good time at your prom as they drove out of the drive. I'm sure they have a lot to talk about to their friends at the prom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

It's great to be able to do that, I had the same opportunity last year for the gal next door who is a day care provider for our elderly neighbor. Her son & his gal were thrilled. Took bunches of 'em with the '20 Runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 01:00 am:

The only thing better than loving your own cars is when other people love them too........ :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 01:09 am:

Now if you'd driven them to the prom that would have more people talking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 06:44 am:

Kep,
I considered offering to drive them to the prom but when I found out where they were going the distance and time became a factor so I just didn't say anything to them. I also just ran in from work and had to go back to work. I just wanted to be available to move the cars around for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 07:01 am:

Dennis, isn't it great to create a wonderful memory for others and have so much doing it? Kudos to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 08:55 am:

Dennis,A couple of times i have got cards and letters from people thanking and reminding me of their ride in our Model T even after several years! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration