What is this

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What is this
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronnie wehba on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 09:09 pm:

This box is under my dash is it for an electronic ign. Mine has a texas t dizzy with points?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

It looks like it's a 7-circuit-breaker Junction Box, part number 52-249. I know nothing about converting a Model T to electronic iggy, but that may be what they've done here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, May 02, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Best guess would be some sort of CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition System).

But I've never seen one with that many wires running to it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 08:38 am:

Maybe send a pic to this company and they can identify it?

http://www.pollakaftermarket.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 09:07 am:

Something new every day. Don't think I've seen one on the forum before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 09:22 am:

It's exactly what Will said it was, a wiring junction box. I used a similar box when rewiring my racer. Mine is mounted in the trunk next to the battery and if affords perfect protection to all my wiring.

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Moorehead on Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 07:33 pm:

I have the exact same box connecting the power from my trailer pig tail to the wiring on the trailer for lights, brakes, etc. This one had the connectors marked, color coded and marked as to left, right, brake, grd., etc.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration