Boyco running board can questions?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Boyco running board can questions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:37 am:

I have an original Boyco service unit in great shape, it appears to have never been used. Typically, how do you mount the bracket to your running board, do I just drill two holes and bolt it on!
Also, I have a nice blanket covered Boyco running board can. It looks neat, but what was the purpose of blanket covering it instead of painting it?
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:45 am:

Daniel, I have a set but the running board bracket clamps onto the running board, which may or may not be original. The canvass covered cans are usually much wider than the oil or gas cans and were used for carrying spare water for the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:53 am:

I'll try to post a picture of mine tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 04:45 am:

I didn't like the idea of making extra holes in the running board, so I made mounting clamps for my tool box. I can easily move it from one car to another. I intend to do the same for some cans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 05:34 am:

Daniel, I too do not like drilling the running boards full of holes, so I usually mount a piece of wood using the two running board bolts and the rear fender bolts. Then whatever accessory you want to mount can be screwed to the board.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 11:02 am:

Those are good ideas!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration