Steering rod/ draglink

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Steering rod/ draglink
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Raymond MacDonald on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

The draglink has bent on my 26 Fordor, this is the 2nd time this has happened so I plan to replace it. However Snyders said they only do one for up to 1916 cars... Macs didn't reply either did Langs. Can anyone help/ advise?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

Contact Dave Huson in Colorado. He's on the forum pretty often. He may have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

I have had great luck in straightening these. If you can get access to a chuck of 2 inch angle iron and a couple of C clamps its rather easy. I clamp it by the straight portion and heat the area that is bent dull red with an oxy / accetylene torch. I then pull it back in alignment and clamp it with the C clamps. At that point you can heat the entire area that was affected and allow it to cool. This ensures it stays where you had it. When you're done it will be very straight. If you were off slightly, you may need to repeat but I promise it will be straight after the second go if not the first. Just my experience with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

I have some good used ones measure the length and let me know or as my dad always did find a tree and hit the tree with the bend, straiten it right our, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Raymond
I'm not sure if this is a "chronic " problem for you? I can describe a very strong replacement design if that interests you as I had to come up with a solution for the Ross project

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration