Has anyone heard?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Has anyone heard?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

From Ralph Ricks lately?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

His last posting was on April 8th

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, May 04, 2015 - 11:27 pm:

I have been wondering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 07:22 am:

I was thinking of him also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 07:47 am:

And me.

I've sent an occasional PM, but no reply for awhile. Was becoming more difficult for him to type.

Wish him comfort....

(Message edited by adave on May 05, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 12:41 pm:

I was wondering about Ralph also. I certainly hope he isn't in any pain.

You are in our prayers, Ralph.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Was just telling my wife yesterday that I hope Ralph is not suffering as he has not posted anything in the forum for quite some time now. If any of the forum guys see Ralph occasionally, please tell him that he very much missed on the forum and is in the thoughts and prayers of lots of his forum friends,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:50 pm:

Dittos to Harold's posting!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:55 pm:

Perhaps if the forum gets permission to post Ralph's address we could send cards to him.

I miss his postings too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 06:32 pm:

I found the following on an ALS board.

http://www.alsforums.com/forum/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/28901-graybeard- s-final-post.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

Ralph, thank you for sharing your knowledge and passion for the Model T with all of us here on the Forum these past years. I wish you peace now and during your onward journey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 07:48 pm:

Ed, so sorry to read that. Thanks for posting. What a loss to us all...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

Ed -- Thank you for posting that link. For those of us who are Ralph's friends, it's tough to read. But thanks for sharing it with us. I know that Gene Carrothers is a close friend of Ralph's and I wondered why he had not added to this thread. Now I see why. Godspeed, Ralph!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 07:59 pm:

I'm glad I stopped by his place for a quick visit in December. He always was "straight " with me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

It is sad to hear that Ralph is leaving us but I will long remember him fondly. I appreciated his perspectives regarding the T and speedsters in particular and while I had some difficulty with some of his politics I have always respected his honesty and passion. He will certainly be missed by many. My sympathies to is family for the loss of a fine man. Rest well Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 08:11 pm:

Ed,

Thank you for sharing the link. Hard news. Ralph and his family are in our hearts and prayers.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 08:34 pm:

I for one will miss his politics. I never met the man and I think it is my lose Godspeed Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 08:49 pm:

ED. THANKS.

The eyes that normally need drops for moisture and now overflowing with natural tears. So long Buddy...See you soon.

JOHN 3:16

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

Sad reading but thank you for posting the link.
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 10:07 pm:

Hard to say what must be in all our hearts. I remember you hopping a ride with me on the Pasadena tour a few years back and between your fine navigation and my superb driving we managed to miss a lot of turns!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

I always admired his participation in the Great Race. Godspeed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 10:50 pm:

Damn.....

I met Ralph on the Great Race stopping in Lincoln. A few years later he stopped in our home town (at a car show, of course), and took a ride to the farm in our 13 T.

I'll miss my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:00 pm:

Argh that's a hard read........ :-(
Probably the ONLY thing he has had to stand down to his entire life.
With any luck Ralph's journey will end swiftly now but his posts here, hopefully, will last forever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

I don't think the family will mind if I post a screenshot of the message from the link:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:26 am:

Rob,
Thank you for posting that. Ralph fought a courageous battle, and has been around much longer than most thought possible. I was one of the lucky ones to have actually met the man, and he was, if anything, better in person than he was here! Judging from the responding posts, he was as well-respected there as here.
Ralph, you will be greatly missed, and I hope your passing is peaceful. The world is a better place for your having been here.
Godspeed.
David D.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:49 am:

This is a tough one.
Ralph, you will be missed, and remembered for long time.
Intelligent people of good conscience can disagree on politics, and be good friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 01:56 am:

Very sad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:53 am:

So sad. May his mind be at peace and his rewards in the next life be many. As my dad said in his final days, "I guess I'll be driving my Model T through the gates of Heaven". I wish that as well for Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:59 am:

I only know Ralph from the Forum. I could tell how much he enjoyed Model T's and this group. We can be grateful he enjoyed this wonderful hobby with us.

Rich Eagle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 11:05 am:

The photo above of Ralph on the Great Race entering Ogallala Nebraska says it all. Ralph won't just drive through the gates, he'll blow the doors off........

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 02:37 pm:

Rob Thanks for posting the wonderful photo of RDR, I'm starting another thread

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration