Who near FL straightens engine pans?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Who near FL straightens engine pans?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 10:48 am:

am finishing up a car that had been hit in fender hard enough to bend the frame and frame ear on the pan.

Would like to have pan prepped, straightened and painted...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 02:15 pm:

Scott

Sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:45 am:

got it.

thanks Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Michael Rogers on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 07:19 am:

Scott, I am pretty far away but I have a pan anvil and can straighten it for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:18 pm:

Hi James

Good to hear from you...I knew you were busy with engines, but didn't think to ask you about pans. I will be going through my engine in a few months just to see what I see, and if I get a chance to go see dad in TN, can stop by with this if not done sooner locally. Will have to see it's condition after off the engine (I know one ear is bent for sure). Too bad, because the engine was apparently a total rebuild before my purchase (owner didn't even know). Aluminum pistons not even darkened and it runs like a top. Mag is dead as a doornail and somehow stuffed a '26-27 brake drum transmission into an earlier pan. Transmission is absolutely silent...quietest one I think I've ever heard. Not often you buy a "T" for scrap price and find a new engine in it...(such as it is)

Was nice seeing you at Winter Tour this year. Take care.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration