1913 Runabout Bodies

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1913 Runabout Bodies
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:26 am:

I've heard 1913 runabout bodies were bigger than 1914's, but never really understood why. Yesterday I may have found part of the answer. I'm in the process of re-upholstering my seat cushion, which was re-upholstered years ago. I'm not sure that the diamonds in my cushion were laid out correctly, so I borrowed a cushion from an original un-restored touring to go by. The touring cushion is one inch shorter, front to back than the runabout. The width is the same. So, I guess I'm going to have 1" more leg room! After I'm done I'll tackle the seat back upholstery, which is still original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 03:57 pm:

Larry-
When I was doing research for the upholstery for my 1911 I realized that the cars with Beaudette bodies had larger diamonds on the seat cushion than cars with Hayes or other body makers. Was Ford doing upholstery by 1913, or was is still done by the body maker?

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 11:55 am:

I understand, that each upholstery guy just kinda did his own thing as long as they probably followed some basic guidelines.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration