Different Headlight Rings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Different Headlight Rings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Had to replace the headlight bulb today and found that I could not adjust the lens to make the FORD be on top on the right one. I took off the left side to compare and found that rings are differant inside. Is this normal and where do I find the right one to match the one on the left?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 01:46 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 01:47 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 01:49 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 01:50 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 02:27 pm:

Will

The Ford ring with the simple clip is for the round plain glass lens, '15-'21, or any aftermarket 8 1/4" dia round lens.

The other ring with long clip with 2 fingers is Ford 21-27 and it is for only the Ford 'H' lens.

PM me, might have a good enough 'H' rim for trade with you.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Looking at the retaining pin in your bottom picture makes me think they need some reconditioning before you loose a rim & lens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 06:42 pm:

I would suggest a little Crown Royal might make them appear "just fine". :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration