Tool or Photo Displays

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tool or Photo Displays
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 02:45 pm:

I havenít seen one in a while but I used to go to car shows and see displays of the original tool kit for the car. Iíve been thinking about building one of these to display the tool kit and also accessories and associated items. I've also seen display stands with photos of the restoration of the car or history displays of the car's era. Does anyone else have a display like that or photos of something you have seen?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 02:48 pm:

The search function is your friend: :-)

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/534221.html?1429402779

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/138297.html?1272590646

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/294773.html?1339424121

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 02:58 pm:

Mark,
Yeah, I've seen those threads. I guess what I have in mind is more of a tall free-standing type display. I might be getting confused with museum displays I've seen. But really, what I had in mind is a larger type of display that included more than just the tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 03:11 pm:

Jack Daron has a large floor standing display of Ford tools, I believe one of the Vintage Ford back issues has a picture of him standing next to it.

Jack, can you post a picture of it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 03:20 pm:

I found the picture of Jack and his display that I was thinking of, it is in the May-June 2013 issue of Vintage Ford. :-)

jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Here's one company that makes custom story boards, I'm sure there are others:

http://www.titangraphix.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:48 pm:

One item for display can be found at most public libraries. If they have newspapers on microfilm, find one for the date of your car's serial number and print out a couple of pages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:58 pm:

That board has most of my 5Z tools on it.It is very heavy,requiring 3-4 men to move it,I have maybe three times that many 3z tools,but don't have them mounted yet.I am definitly going with smaller boards so they are manageable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 08:30 am:

This is the Model T tool display board in my garage. It contains tools collected or made over the years by my grandfather, and my dad. It weighs 300 plus pounds, and is not easily moved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 08:39 am:

Royce, on the right panel is a tool that looks like the back part of a rear radius rod. What is that used for?

The item that makes me envious is the hub threader. I've been looking for one at swap meets for years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 09:56 am:

Appears to be a "home-made" engine turning bar - nice tools, Royce !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:59 am:

I think I made a mistake passing up the stamped steel Hub cap/ oil drain/ ect tool at a flea market because it was a KW instead of Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:24 pm:

The Stevens picking eye is one that doesn't show up often as well as the hub threader - which has been on my "watch list" for years too !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 09:42 pm:

Steve is correct, it fits a T crankshaft to allow easy turning when building an engine or setting valves for example.

The circle at the lower left is where the timer lathe holding fixture resides. I had it in the lathe the day I took the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

Just when I think I've seen it all, something new comes along, and that is what I like about this hobby! Just within this week, I had a chance to view the original set of tools, and tool bag from the Rip Van Winkle. I would have thought the tool roll would have been the same as the '15 and earlier, but it isn't. It is a tool bag, with a cotton braided strap similar the earlier cars, and most likely the same strap, but 15" as the top boot used in 1916, with the same buckle and tip. The ONLY tools that had a Ford script in this collection were the band wrench and the spark plug/head bolt wrench which was introduced in late '13. Everything else is plain.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration