OT what is it?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT what is it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

This was in a box of T stuff and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone tell me what this was used for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Glenn on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

I can make a guess, stand for sharpening saws.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dexter Doucet on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 09:16 pm:

Spring caliper?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

Tunable goose call! Them some honking big bills.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

I think Mark is on the right track. Whatever the heck it is, it's "tunable" to achieve a particular pitch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 07:36 am:

How far does it open? I was thinking inside caliper, as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:51 am:

It might have been used for checking the inside diameter of rear axle bearing sleeves. That could explain it being with T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 03:48 pm:

It does not open enough to be an inside caliper but that is what I originally thought it might be. It also has holes in the base that must be for mounting to a work bench. Sure has me stumped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:01 am:

You might try posting at Alloy artifacts page

http://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artifacts/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Thanks Ken I will try that. Finding out what it is has become a bit of a challenge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:15 pm:

I wonder? The base bolts down, the left side seems to be stationary but the right side will pivot with the thumb screw being low. Could this be to put an inner tube on to spread it sideways to put a patch on while keeping the rubber tight?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 01:49 am:

It looks like it would be well suited to forming something, perhaps leather for shoes, saddles, etc. or felt for hats.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 08:03 am:

My grandmother used a similar looking object made of wood when darning socks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Myers_____Pittsburgh, PA on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 08:16 am:

Could you post a photo looking down at it from above, and include the ruler for reference to size?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Here is a shot looking down and a shot with it open as far as it will go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Neat little running board box. I think it's a clamp of sorts,just can't figure out what.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

That little running board box is identical to the one that is on my '13, except naturally mine's black! Just the right size, looks perfect on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 07:54 pm:

I have that on my '14 speedster. I took it off to put the stripe on it so it was drying on the work bench. Tomorrow it goes back on the speedster.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration