Some unusual T accy shocks/snubbers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Some unusual T accy shocks/snubbers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 09:54 pm:

I found these unusual shocks today in the parts pile. I have never saw this design before. They are in fairly rough condition, and one spring is broken. There is also a plate welded to the front spring clamp bracket Ill need to remove. Im just going to clean them up and add them to the accessory collection. They look like they were designed too weak. The design appears to be a good one, but they should have made everything a little heaver and not cast out of ductile iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Looks more like a steering stabilizer. Nice wall hanger.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Looks like a form of friction shocks. I wonder if they would work better without the springs and using the same material as the newer type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:53 am:

Donny,

It looks like they have been made for both the front and rear axles.

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 08:51 am:

I thought they were neat and would look nice on a speedster. I just feel like they are made too fragile. I guess, if I was to run them pretty loose as to the friction setting, they would be OK. Ill probably, only have them as an addition to the accessory collection. Yes they are a "set" for the front and rear. and are made specifically for a model T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration