OT - Anyone know of a 1906 Aerocar? I have something they may like to have....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Anyone know of a 1906 Aerocar? I have something they may like to have....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:17 pm:

A. Y. Malcomson, along with Henry Ford, initially held the largest stock positions in Ford Motor Company. When Malcomson started the Aerocar Company, he was asked to resign his directorship and Treasurer position with Ford Mo. co., and ultimately sold his shares to Henry Ford.

I came across a 1906 Aerocar sales booklet, and after copying it, would like to pass it on to an Aerocar owner. I believe there is a restored 06 Aerocar in Australia, and a few Aerocars, including a 1908, in the U.S.. If anyone know of an owner, and would like to pass my info along, please do.

Front Cover:

This booklet is an original, and has the name "H. Cuntz, 1906" stamped on the front cover:

As it turns out, Hermann F. Cuntz was the lead Patent Attorney for the A.L.A.M. (Licensed Automobile Association, ref. Selden Patent Case):

While it adds no value to the booklet (in my opinion) it makes an interesting side note that it may have been owned or sent to the A.L.A.M. Patent Attorney. Like Ford, Aerocar was not a licensed association company.

A few other pages:

The book is in pristine condition, and I would like to see it go to an 06 Aerocar owner if there is one out there.

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Powell. Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 06:41 am:

Greetings Rob,

I have sent you a pm.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:57 am:

David,

Sent....

If anyone would care to see or copy the book, use this link. I own the book, so copy at will...:-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ltvc5nnj19gdwi/1906%20Aerocar%20Catalog.pdf?dl=0

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration