Crank Pulley Install with Engine attach to Pan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Crank Pulley Install with Engine attach to Pan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 12:05 pm:

I would like to finish up my engine but the aluminum pulley has not shown up from the vendor yet. I have the early 15/16 pan with the narrow nose and purchased a small aluminum pulley (split).

I'm wondering if I will be able to slide it on the crank nose with the engine installed on the pan. Engine is not installed in the frame yet

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:51 pm:

I don't know about the aluminum crank pulley, but I was able to change my stock 1915 pulley with the engine assembled.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

If you got the smooth type small alum pulley with split, its possible. If you are going to use the new small alum with the flanges to keep the belt on...nope.

Best to install prior to the pan install on the block, lots easier. Can be sure its on tight, and the pin is locked and cottered.

Even with a wide nose later pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Unless you a a really worn out hole in the crank, I don't think there a snow balls chance in He## that the rolled pin will work out. I have installed a couple of them and that rolled pin was very tight to install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 08:59 pm:

I just put an aluminum pulley on my 1926 with the engine installed. I needed to grind an inside nose rivet head just a tad for clearance but not enough to jeopardize the integrity of the rivet or pan.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration