Ralph Ricks... Goodbye to my Best Friend...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ralph Ricks... Goodbye to my Best Friend...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 03:09 pm:

I don't know if I can finish this but I'll give it a try. I can always come back to add more.

Since many of his friends have been wondering about RDR and I just saw the other thread I'll post this now.

Yesterday, I said GoodBye to My Very Best Friend....

He's not gone but is now ready and waiting. I've got his T started up and running for his last run and like Rob said they had better have the gates open wide cause he'll be blasting around the corner and sliding in for his last stop, seat belted in and with those four wheel brakes that he often promoted here on the forum.

I can't hold back the tears as I type this thinking back on all the years we had together with our T's running up and down the SoCal freeways here and going to all the swapmeets. It was only a tiny piece of his experience with the Model T. I had not met Ralph when he did his two Great Races. You see, I met him several years ago one day when I was looking here on the Forum wondering if I should get rid of the OF carb on my '12 Torpedo. I saw this guy posting and we both had the same hometowns here in Huntington Beach. I sent him a PM and it turned out we could practically look out our windows and see each other! That was the beginning of a long friendship.

Today RDR is in his last moments after a long and courageous battle with the cruel disease ALS.

To be continued....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson Absaroka County on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 03:14 pm:

Gene
It is very sad.
I am so sorry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 03:24 pm:

ALS is truly one of the cruelest diseases as it saps your strength a little more each day. I never met Ralph, but feel I know him from this forum. I pray his suffering comes to a calm end as he races to the finish line and his reward. May God cradle him in the palm of His hand. Noel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 04:13 pm:

Gene,
Thanks for the update on Ralph and sharing fond memories past. Very sorry to learn of his condition and will continue to pray for him and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 04:25 pm:

Thanks for the up-date , Gene !

Ralph & I became friends when he was running The Great Race many, many years ago and I know he's definitely coming in "First Place" where he's headed !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Gene:

First met RDR during the Great Race years ago.... Got the wife & sons in the van & headed for Albany, NY, but we missed him as he left for the next stop in Binghamton NY. Found him, the car, and Brent Terry under a tent doing some maintenance.... been friends ever since. Difficult to see someone you care change due to illness, can only hope for a better place for rest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Never met Ralph in person but for years now I've felt like I knew him. His posts were sometimes crusty, sometimes funny, always educational. We'll miss you, Mr. Ricks. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 04:57 pm:

God speed my friend.
Thank you Gene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Bracknell United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Like many others, I have never met Ralph but we became firm internet friends over the years. I always enjoyed his Forum posts and our email exchanges.
He will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:34 pm:

It hurts to lose a friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:41 pm:

I too will miss Ralph. I met him some years ago when he came to give a talk about running his Model T in the Great race to our local Orange County Model T Club.

He was always free with advice and opinions, I value that.

His parents owned a 1923 Runabout like the one I have now and Ralph sent a couple of pictures of them posing in front of their Runabout.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WilliamThomas Forsythe on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:56 pm:

A final sincere word of thanks to Ralph for sharing his knowledge and experience and all his help on both my front brakes installation and the '37 Ford steering upgrade on our '12 Touring. Without his encouragement I doubt I would have undertaken the challenge. God bless! The days are numbered for all of us! Keep the T's rolling and get out and enjoy the sunshine! Tom Forsythe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By WilliamThomas Forsythe on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

A final sincere word of thanks to Ralph for sharing his knowledge and experience and all his help on both my front brakes installation and the '37 Ford steering upgrade on our '12 Touring. Without his encouragement I doubt I would have undertaken the challenge. God bless! The days are numbered for all of us! Keep the T's rolling and get out and enjoy the sunshine! Tom Forsythe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 06:19 pm:

I will miss Ralph's posts; his politics and love of country stirred patriotic feelings in me.

One post back near Memorial Day in May of '13 caused me to express my admiration, and thanks, to our Veterans.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 06:30 pm:

His posts on the various materials used in repro wooden spokes was excellent value and perfect timing for me, as I was just going through that stage of restoration at that time. I remember exchanging emails with him on the subject and offering to send him some Aussie "spotted gum" examples for testing. His advice on the subject and several other points was always welcomed and often followed.
I'm already missing his posts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Gene, thanks for going to see him. I had a friend with ALS pass away here in Grayling. Those visits took a toll on me that is everlasting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Sorry to hear Ralph is not doing well. I always respected what he had to say whether I agreed with him or not. He will be missed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Gene, thanks for keeping us up to date on Ralph's condition. I got to meet Ralph at a Bakersfield's swap meet several years ago. What a great guy and very interesting to talk with. I also modified a 28 chev. crankshaft to fit in a T engine and Ralph was a great help in providing me guidance on what he had done.
He will be missed by many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

It was easy to witness Ralph's strength of character and desire to pass on valuable knowledge. To say he's been a great representative of our hobby is an understatement. Ralph may God bless you and hold you in his loving arms.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:17 pm:

I was wondering about him just yesterday. Never got to meet him sadly. I had tried awhile back to get a copy of the flashdrive files he had on T's but I think he had emailed and said to check with Hap on that. I cant remember now if I did or not. But Ricks and his knowledge will be missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

I have known Ralph for a number of years now, and always enjoy catching up at a swap meet or the Holiday Motor Excursion. He has always been ready to help and offer his experience for others benefit. This spirit has lived on through this past year, starting with his first post on being diagnosed with ALS. Ralph has set the bar very high in his handling of this disease. What an example he is to all of us on the forum.

As Captain Call said in Lonesome Dove…."Splendid behavior in a man."

Thank you Ralph.

Evan Mason
Paso Robles, CA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, May 06, 2015 - 11:09 pm:

I'll try posting some more about Ralph.

I found it interesting and warming to read the post on the ALS forum. I feel like I missed another whole side of the great RDR. He made a great impression on the folks there as well as here from reading the several pages of replies to the note posted by his son Rex. If you haven't read that you may want to. He was known on the ALS site as Greybeard and was very respected and admired. I don't know if he entered into any political discussions but did tell his story about his parrot chewing up his computer keyboard.

RDR and I never talked about any political issues, guess I knew better. Everyone here will remember one thing about him when it comes to wooden spokes, they had better not be made out of Oak or your about to get a very detailed disertation about the value of Shagbark Hickory.
Ralph did quite a bit of semi scientific testing of wood spokes and forever preached the importance of only Hickory spokes.

Another of his famous rants was concerning the use of Seat Belts in our cars. Of course this subject drew many points of view and lots of conflicting viewpoints but he always stood true to his beliefs and many times when riding with me reminded me to Buckle Up!

He certainly favored the use of a Chevy crankshaft if you were going to drive your T like a hotrod.

I hope and believe that we will most remember RDR for his tireless promotion of better brakes on the Model T's. Of course the most important place for that improvement is on the FRONT wheels. If anyone here wants to argue his point I am sure he will come back to life just to let you know his feelings.

We talked several times and had planned to do some testing with our cars to show how much brakes on the front could improve the stopping distance but unfortunately we just never did it.

Correct spelling was not important and he had many of his own words and of course we all knew what he said.

I have never known anyone to get as many different uses from one car as he did. When I first met him his T was the famous Great Race Speedster we have seen in so many pictures. It changes colors a couple of times and later Ralph needed a PCup so he simply constructed an wooden box and mounted it to the back and walah! instant truck to haul cement, 12' beams, wood flooring and whatever else needed to be hauled.

To be continued..... Please add to this thread

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 12:25 am:

I am very saddened to hear this.I had the pleasure of meeting Ralph in 2001 or maybe 02 when he was in Eugene with his speedster. He was kind enough to give me a ride in old #77, and let me tell you 45 mph in those little low seats with the road whizzing by just to my right felt like 100 mph. That first ride is what got me hooked on T's. I have since then owned a 1923 Martin Parry produce wagon, which I sold during a temporary period of insanity, and now in the planning/collecting parts stage of a speedster build. I have a great picture of Ralph and #77 that was taken that day, I wish that I could find it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 12:55 am:

Thank you Gene, please continue when you feel up to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:15 am:

My heart goes out to RD and his family. I only got to meet him a couple times at the Bakersfield meet, I wish there could have been more, but we have had many exchanges on the forum and other business over the Internet since the late 90's. Like others, I have not always been on the same side of some issues as him, but he has always made his points with science, logic, and experience, not to mention passion and conviction. This has earned him my respect and admiration, which I share with so many others here on this forum.
I lost a good friend and partner in the model T hobby not long ago to ALS. My last visit with Larry was hard to take because as RD says, the disease robs you of control of your body, but not your mind. My friend struggled to communicate with me and could only convey his emotions through the limited physical capabilities he had left. Nobody deserves this.
RD, crash the gates of heaven in old #77!
Godspeed.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 06:57 am:

I like many other have only known Ralph through the forum but like Gene mentioned his passion for Model T safety was second to none. Be it spokes, seat belts, or brakes he always backed up his words with charts, graphs, and drawings to help explain his point. Any time someone would post a comment about accessories on a Model T he would post a drawing of one with every conceivable device attached. I always got a big chuckle out of that drawing no matter how many time I saw it. I wish now I would have saved a copy and if someone has one perhaps they could post it so I have something to remember him.

My thoughts and prayers are for Ralph and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:15 am:

Ralph isn't gone yet.. I hope someone shows him all the nice things we write about him before it's his time to go?

While there's sorrow on earth when someone leaves, there's happiness in heaven as he arrives there. Goodbye forum friend, maybe we'll meet some other time, some other place?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:32 am:

I guess I knew this was coming, but it's something I didn't want to thing about. Human nature I guess. When Ralph would post, I would think "Hey, maybe he's doing better", and a part of me wanted to think "Maybe he's gonna be OK." Deep inside, I knew that wasn't the case, but it's what I wanted to think.

I never met Ralph in person, but the internet is a strange thing. You feel like you know someone, even though you've never met, and you consider them friends. When something happens to them, you feel the same feelings you feel for any other friend.

Ralph will indeed be sorely missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Conte on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 09:55 am:

Sorry to hear the news.

I do not know Ralph but reading the comments here make me feel like I do.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 10:31 am:

I first "met" Ralph on this forum in the 1990s. I think it was 1998 when he ran the Great Race and the one-day break to rest and work on the cars was in St. Charles, just outside St. Louis. That's where we first met in person. He had been posting that the car needed some soldering on the radiator, and he needed a set of pedal rubbers to replace some that he had lost. I met him and his crew in St. Charles and drove one of them with the radiator to the machine shop of a local T club member. From there, we went to another member's house for the pedal rubbers. When we got back to St. Charles and the radiator was back on the car, Ralph had to go to the airport (about ten miles down I-70) to arrange something about a ticket. He asked if I wanted to join him. It was raining lightly, so we donned rain suits and off we went. Only time I have ever gone 70 mph in a Model T, passing other drivers - to their surprise...

The following year, the GR overnighted in Poplar Bluff and I drove down there and spent the night. (Met Hal Schedler that year.) The next year, the stop was in Peoria, so I went there as well. I was turning into kind of a "77 Groupie," I guess. That was the last time Ralph passed through here in a Great Race and from then on, I followed his adventures (as so many of us did) through his posts here on the Forum.

Good memories. Too soon over. Godspeed, Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

Ralph wanted some spokes made out of Osage Orange (Hedge Wood). He sent me some chunks of the stuff and I managed to make 1 spoke (and it was beautiful) but I didn't (and still don't) have tools to handle those big chunks of iron hard wood. I tried splitting a chunk but got nowhere. If I could get one 8/4ths X 8" X 10' plank I would love to make a set of wheels of Osage Orange. It would require lots of tool sharpening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:17 pm:

Gene just e-mailed me a montage of some pictures of Ralph and asked me to post them here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan Woolf on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 08:25 pm:

As most of you know Ralph was an earlier contributor to the MTFCA forum. I was also one of the early posters and we got to know one another through what is commonly referred to today as “social media”. In those days it was done on forums where people shared hobbies and interests. Ralph was also an enthusiastic participant with his Model T in a series of Great Races that are TSD (time, speed, distance) rallies for vintage vehicles. In 1999 the Great Race started in Marietta, GA. Marietta is in my back yard and at our invitation the Woolf family helped host Team Ricks for the start of the Race. It was a fun weekend and we also took a couple of cars to Marietta to participate in the pre-race car show and activities. Hal and Vonnie Schedler along with Reid Welch were the pit crew for the race and followed Ralph and his navigator John (whose surname I cannot recall) across the country.

As it has turned out I haven’t seen Ralph in person since the 99 Great Race but we have corresponded over the years. His professional career was in the aviation business and my professional career was also in the aviation business. He had a group of friends who he termed as “Old Bold Pilots” (pilots will understand the irony of that term). I used to get stories from him that were reported by the Old Bold Pilots. A lot of it was historical but it was always interesting.

More photos of the 1999 Great Race are located at this link: http://1drv.ms/1F29pwn I tried to caption the photos but I am not sure if the captions will appear on every monitor.

I will miss you Ralph!

Alan Woolf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven G. Williams on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 10:11 pm:

Gene, thanks for the update. About 8 years ago I had an email conversation with Ralph about running a T in the Great Race. He sure is/was a class act! I really hate to hear he is in such straits. I had a friend succumb to ALS about 4 years ago... it is a tragic disease. Blessings to Ralph and his family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 02:39 am:

Dick, or Gene--the dates under the last pic of Rick seems to indicate he's left us? Please confirm.
I'm reminded of a while back when I posted a picture here showing a cockpit crew looking backwards at the camera, and in the windshield you see a small plane coming straight at them. The pic was titled something like, "In the interest of Safety, we have installed cockpit cameras in all our planes."
Rick private posted me, "That's an XXXX plane approaching, and the cockpit is a UPS xXX plane-I put the avionics in them, so recognize the dashboard"
Only our RD would provide such a practical, knowledgeable response to a joke photo!
What a great guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 08:51 am:

David, I had a couple of private messages with the same question and e-mailed Gene. His answer was, "Yes I was told that RDR passed on Tuesday 5/5/2015. May he RIP." I concur with that thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Amen.....May he rest in Peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:43 am:

Sorry to read of his passing but to be honest the man is in a better place and at least he is not hurting anymore.
RIP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 12:03 pm:

Thank you Ralph for making this world a better place. RIP my friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Bamford, Edmonton AB on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

RIP Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 04:58 pm:

The world is a lesser place for his passing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:09 pm:

May his soul rest in peace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Ralph RIP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Adios RD. Go with God now. Thank you for your many positive contributions to this Forum fellowship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

Thanks Gene I first met RD about '99 when he invited me down to the LB Swap meet. I always found his smile as being truly genuine. Please keep us posted on events.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:50 pm:

Sure,we all show pix of old guys...

Ralph's other name just has to be 'adventure'...

Here he is, age 21, climbing to the summit of 17,880 feet of Mt. Popocatepetl. No problem, the college kid didn't have gloves in Mexico, so he wore socks on his hands...

Ralph was so knowledgeable on so many things, 1/2 of which have never even been mentioned on forum...we have chatted off forum for years on many things and his depth of knowledge is always amazing...

I AM really going to miss him!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:54 pm:

Godspeed RD, your time here was far too short. I guess God needed someone to put front brakes on his T.
If the family is reading this, I know your loss is much closer to your hearts than ours, but know we do share in the loss and our lives were made batter by knowing RD.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

My condolences to his family and friends.

Over the years he has shared so much with so many of us and it is quite evident by everyone's stories that he was a bright spot in so many lives and that he will live on through the countless stories that will be told over the years by many of us here on the forum and at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

I never met the man but I have stood in the shadow of the legend on this forum. Rest in peace RDR.

Bob Cascisa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

He may be gone early, but no man will ever be able to say he didn't live!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

I met RD at the Old Car Festival years ago when he looked our rig up in the parking lot.We had a nice visit and we gave RD a tour through the Village that Friday night. Saturday morning when he called lizzie and i picked him up at his hotel. We went to our spot with the 14' and he went for a look at everything.He said he would call and we could bring his Wife in but i never saw him again.We never argued about spokes or front brakes!!!!! A very smart man and he will be missed by bud in flyover country!!!!!!! Bud in flyover country.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen -- Ham Lake, MN on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:13 pm:

Rest in Peace, friend. See you again someday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 12:54 am:

I met Ralph first in 2009 after a club meeting of The Long Beach Model T Club, which is where I shot the clip. I met up with him again in person in January 2015 and lost 2 zippers to one of his parrots. I think this is an appropriate time to share this clip. Ditto what Warren said above.
Farewell mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXvvmf0LggQ&feature=youtu.be

ol brass pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 01:01 am:

"This video is private."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 04:27 am:

Thanks Steve. Changed to public. Hope you all can now view.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 07:45 am:

Rest In Peace, Ralph

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 11:36 am:

Rest in peace sir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 03:08 pm:

Ralph was a good one. I'm glad he got to do most of the things he wanted to do before he answered the call. He left a lot of friends and a nice family behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

Rest in peace, Ralph. You will be / are missed.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 04:59 pm:

Rest in peace Ralph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

Condolences to all Ralph's family and friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 02:14 pm:

We are diminished.

Respectfully to RD,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 07:10 pm:

A Memorial Service will be held for Ralph Ricks on Saturday, May 30th at 11:00AM at the Norma Gibbs Butterfly Park at 16641 Graham St. in Huntington Beach, Ca.

Please join the family and friends at the Ricks house next to the park at 5362 Old Pirate lane for a lunch following the service.

We would like to have as many Model T's or other vintage cars attend to help celebrate RDR's love of vintage cars and airplanes.

Questions or concerns please contact Ross Ricks at 714-846-7060 or Ross@surfcitysound.com

With Warm Regards,
Gene Carrothers

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Thank you Gene.
My condolences to all his friends and family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Goldberg A., Tenerife - Spain on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 09:44 am:

Rafa:

Buen Vuelo!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 06:43 am:

I am so sorry to learn of the passing of RDR. He was a gentleman. I could tell that he cared for people, and I loved his wit! Heaven will be a better place for his arrival.
John Stokes
New Zealand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 05:44 pm:

Sorry for the loss of another friend of this hobby, as well as your close friend Gene, Rest in peace RDR, and our prayers and condolences go out to your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, May 16, 2015 - 06:49 pm:

Such a lousy thing when this happens.
My condolences to the family and friends.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration