MTFCA Museum gets " TORPEDOED " ..... :-)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFCA Museum gets " TORPEDOED " ..... :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:06 am:

Here is a nice addition to the museum in Richmond, IN ....

Nice back story as well to go with it .... :-)

Monday in Boca Raton, FL

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:08 am:

Right along the Coast Hwy was this sweet little 1911 Model T Torpedo ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:12 am:

We rolled it out to the curb ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:13 am:

Winched it into the new trailer ....

Nice to have 94 inches of rear door clearance ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:16 am:

Ready for the ride to its' new home !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:19 am:

Quick trip to pick up the original engine block at a landscaping business a few miles away ....

Dropping off Thursday at the museum ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:40 am:

Why would the museum want such a modified car? I thought museums were about preservation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:55 am:

Yeah, I'll take that modified thing, wouldn't want to embarrass anyone at the museum!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 09:55 am:

More images at pick up ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Drop off on Thursday ....

Thank you Justin - Jay - Barbara .... :-)

Thanks to everyone who pitched in to unload !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:18 am:

Tell more about the back story, please?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:22 am:

Beautiful car! Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 11:33 am:

Roger,

I would imagine Jay will be writing an article on this but ....

This 1911 Torpedo was purchased in Washington state in 1968 so perhaps Howard a.k.a " brass car guy " knows something about the history of it prior to that ...

It underwent a restoration after 1968 - the son of the owner moved to Florida & the car came with him ...

The block you see pictured supposedly is the matching number original block - current engine has a distributor ...

The son donated the car to the MTFCA Museum after contacting Jay & Barbara ...

A common connection for the donated Model T's I have hauled to the museum - the donors researched prior to deciding on a place for their cherished family possession ...

Barbara & Jay Klehforth have been a driving force in the matching grant programs & the cars the museum has acquired in the past several years ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.E.Moore TN on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 07:27 pm:

Nice looking car. I have an original 1911 Torpedo open and I love driving it. Budd wire wheels, Ruckstell, and electric headlights. I don't care who likes it or not. Could do without the Ruckstell but it will be nice cross country pulling that trailer with brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 08:52 pm:

Very similar if not the same:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-1911-Model-T-Ford-Torpedo-Roadmaster-Museum-Three-Va lley-Lake-Revelstoke-BC-/181739054085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a507de405

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration