OT Jackson TN what does the forum think?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Jackson TN what does the forum think?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 12:29 pm:

Anybody have any input about Jackson, TN? I am thinking about it for future reference. I want to visit there in the near future and look around. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 05:49 pm:

I live a couple of miles North of Jackson. What info are you looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 08:10 pm:

How do you like living there? How are the taxes? Are three to five acre land plots available? Model T groups? What is the social climate like? These are just a few questions, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 10:20 pm:

There is a lot of new housing in the area. I personally would not live in the city of Jackson. That is why we are just north in Three Way. Taxes are relatively low. No state income tax, but we pay 9-3/4% sales tax. I prefer it that way. Jackson has a lot of cultural events, a Seattle Mariners farm team in a beautiful ball park, lots of recreation, and about 1,000 restaurants it seems. Many churches of all denominations, two highly rated hospitals, and a civic center busy with events. They have a nice country club and airport with regular flights in and out. Like any city, they have their problems, but the downtown area is clean and thriving.

There are three of us here that I know of locally with a total of 12 Model Ts. Several more within an hour of here. The Tennessee Ts are active.

You can PM me for contact information and maybe we could talk on the phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 10:25 pm:

They had a bad tornado in Jackson years back, if I remember right, but then if you live anywhere in the Midwest or Southeast, that is possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 12:12 pm:

Don't forget about the Casey Jones restaurant, hmmmm fried cracklings cornbread

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 04:44 pm:

Well, from what I've heard on the radio, it's a good place to get married in a hurry and its a good place to go back to once the fire in said marriage goes out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

"good place to get married quick"? Is it as quick as Las Vegas or Reno?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By richard e moore on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

I moved here from Montana. I live south of jackson in the Pickwick lake area ( Counce). Lots of T people here and plenty of room to roam. Property in my opinion is cheap and the people are the best. Come on down. If your a boater you can reach Michigan or the Gulf from that lake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 09:12 pm:

Never been to Jackson, except passing through, but I live in Memphis. Lots of folks here own places on Pickwick Lake, and go there every chance they get. If it's considered part of Jackson, then the area seems very attractive.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration