2015 CANAM

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2015 CANAM
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

The 2015 CANAM packages are out!! ALWAYS a great T tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

John make me a copy if you would, I have been out of the loop for a few years but am planning to attend this year. See ya at the fly-in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 03:13 pm:

Speaking of the Buckley Fly-In,....I've been carefully watching the weather forcast and it sure looks good so far. I think that is especially important this year as I understand that there is to be a "missing man" formation literally "fly over" in tribute to Glen and his wife, two of the finest people I've ever known of! See ya' all prior to 8:30am at the meeting place as specified by Renee's "Event Alert" notice!

Sorry for the "thread drift" John,......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

I believe you are referring to a different "Can-Am", Dave - ours is held between mainland Canada (alternates to Vancouver Island) and the Western States. This is our 37th annual tour - always great fun.

This was a couple years ago with yours truly & my wife and this years hosts - Mark & Suzy - backsides to us !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 03:33 pm:

Ours is also held the third week-end of September, depending on Labor Day, I think ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

Steve - Great photo! However, we gotta' be careful about posting those "sunny day" photos of the Pacific Northwest! The "PNW" is generally thought by those everywhere else in the USA that our part of the country is a cold, rainy, gloomy, miserable part of the country where it rains every day, the mud is knee-deep, and the slugs are carnivorous! The way our traffic is increasing, we really need to maintain that reputation and our "secret". Perry Como almost screwed it up years ago with his "hit" song, "The Bluest Skies You've Ever Seen Are In Seattle"!

Shushhh,.......harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 04:28 pm:

Oops Steve. I guess both Can and Am are big places. Ok then, I won't be there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

Steve,
That's Port Gamble WA. :-)

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 12:23 am:

Nice picture Steve, I remember that year, Bremerton WA right? I bought the speedster that year. Great time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 05:37 am:

First: quote Harold Schwendeman:
"Steve - Great photo! However, we gotta' be careful about posting those "sunny day" photos of the Pacific Northwest! The "PNW" is generally thought by those everywhere else in the USA that our part of the country is a cold, rainy, gloomy, miserable part of the country where it rains every day, the mud is knee-deep, and the slugs are carnivorous!"

Well, I wasn't quite far enough North to be considered part of the PNW, but having lived for four years in North-coast Califunny Humboldt county, your description rang true!
We had two seasons, the wet season, and the wetter season. Most days, the sun would break through the fog about one hour before sundown. It usually accomplished this by falling far enough to the west to come in under the clouds.
And those disgusting slugs! Often they were about six inches long, and eight inches was not rare. I hated using poisons on them. So instead, about once a week, I would go out late in the evening with a flashlight, a garden trowel, and a plastic bag. I would scoop up literally hundreds of them almost every week.
After two years there, my wife was ready to leave because she wanted to be able to see the sun once in awhile.

I read about your Can-Am tour often. It looks fantastic. Maybe someday I can make it up there. It might just feel like home!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:30 am:

Yes - the Ebbert's & the Kitsap T Club (?) hosted that year in Bremerton. We toured on some very nice scenic roads on the Peninsula.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

The Bremerton Tour roads were used for that IKEA television commercial I think. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:02 pm:

Steve,
I think I took this picture!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Yes, you did !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration