Luggage rack from Gary London to Russia!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Luggage rack from Gary London to Russia!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 04:03 pm:

At last! I've got Gary London's gift - the luggage rack for my 1924 touring!
It will be helpful for travelling around Tula this summer :-)
This is my first trip this spring, and fitting the rack.
MANY THANKS TO GARY!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 04:52 pm:

That's one of the neatest and most useful gifts a Flivverer can receive (The one on my car was a gift, too). _I notice you put some protective material between the clamps and your running board to protect your paint. _You can also protect the bottom of the running board by putting plastic milk bottle caps over the metal discs before tightening them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 06:33 pm:

I'm glad it finally made it to you!!!!! It looks good on your car!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Beautiful! I love to see pictures of your T.
Thank you Michael G, and Gary London.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 07:34 pm:

Boy, if that's not an international goodwill gesture, what is ? !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Model T unites)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 02:28 am:

Just in time for VE Day tomorrow; a huge holiday in Russia.

How long did it take to arrive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 03:08 am:

Off topic but USA, Russia, Australia and Ford related!

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7E2GioDZBo

These jeeps, based on the Willys, used a Russian made version a of Ford B engine. They were produced until 1952.

The car in the video (which I took on ANZAC DAY recently) has an amazing history. Australian soldiers captured it in an ambush of the North Korean army during the Korean War. Current owner has 3 boxes of papers and official army records and photos as proof. After the war it was taken back to Australia and sold to a farmer. It was discovered and restored by a military vehicle collector in the 1980s who contacted the Soviet Embassy and visited the USSR for information and parts. The current owner, who I know, is looking to sell the car.

Here's another video I took on ANZAC Day;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w1N4lnydgM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 06:45 am:

Constantine, it was not direct shipping: my friend collects things in California, then ship them together - it's cheaper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 10:21 am:

Michael,

Any idea of how many Ts there are in Russia?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Gotesman on Friday, May 08, 2015 - 03:38 pm:

Less than 100, herewith at least 60 at Chernogolovka museum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Australia on Saturday, May 09, 2015 - 12:03 am:

All the Ts in Russia are recent imports from the USA or Europe with many of them not in running order. None of the very few Ts sold new in Russia have survived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 12:08 am:

Too bad there are those awful step plates! I'm wondering what the one under the dummy door is for? Couldn't resist!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration