Rewooding 1923 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rewooding 1923 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 04:53 pm:

Regarding the front seat rear sheet metal: The sheet metal panel that I have has an angle iron attached to the bottom edge (from side to side). Is this normal, as it looks like it is functional? Also, the bottom edge of the sheet metal has small holes as if it was nailed to something, possibly a wood cross member. Is there a wood piece that goes from side to side at the bottom of this seat panel, and if so what size should it be?
Thank you--Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 11:43 pm:

If you're referring to the front seat back panel that the spring attaches too, there's a piece of wood that goes in the bottom for the upholstery to nail to. One came with my kit, but was nowhere near big enough so I made one about an inch square and made it long enough to fit snugly inside. I think mine was 31 inches or so but I can't remember. Just measure and make one. You can see it in this picture: if you look close it's just behind the plywood.

front

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration